Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Official NFL Week 11 Late Games thread

Troy Aikman is putting me on life tilt, and I have no vested interest in this game. I didn't see the roughing call, but heard him whining about it. Then on the grounding call, Aikman says "even if there is a guy in the area, the ball still has to cross the line of scrimage", which is a blatant mistruth. Absolutely ridiculous that he can do cowboy games with his blatant biases.

Josh W
Old 11-18-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That was such a luckbox TD to Owens. Man was that all luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

stfu

[/ QUOTE ]

was it not clearly pure luck ?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you feel about his interception? He just sucks right?

[/ QUOTE ]

he is clearly a luckbox

*sarcasm meter on full*

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm asking you a question because you are retarded. You think his interception was his fault and not bad luck?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was bad luck, it was tipped and a different redskin came down with it. It wasn't a terrible play to throw it.

Also, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] TO

[/ QUOTE ]
oh i understand now, tipped passes are bad luck but loose balls bouncing directly into his hands are awesome plays

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch that link rafiki posted? At some point, that is more than luck. I don't think that int was all bad luck, TO should've done better and Romo's decision to throw it may not have been optimal

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Look I can't spell it any clearer. Guaranteed probowl, top 5 in the league type numbers. You don't luck your way into this. It requires incredible skill. I recognize all the skill on your team, and think Campbell is a heck of a QB. Would be decent of you to do the same.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Troy Aikman is putting me on life tilt, and I have no vested interest in this game. I didn't see the roughing call, but heard him whining about it. Then on the grounding call, Aikman says "even if there is a guy in the area, the ball still has to cross the line of scrimage", which is a blatant mistruth. Absolutely ridiculous that he can do cowboy games with his blatant biases.

Josh W

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100% he loves dallas [censored]
Old 11-18-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Josh W

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100% he loves dallas [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm finding him useless today also.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That was such a luckbox TD to Owens. Man was that all luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

stfu

[/ QUOTE ]

was it not clearly pure luck ?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you feel about his interception? He just sucks right?

[/ QUOTE ]

he is clearly a luckbox

*sarcasm meter on full*

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm asking you a question because you are retarded. You think his interception was his fault and not bad luck?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was bad luck, it was tipped and a different redskin came down with it. It wasn't a terrible play to throw it.

Also, [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] TO

[/ QUOTE ]
oh i understand now, tipped passes are bad luck but loose balls bouncing directly into his hands are awesome plays

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you watch that link rafiki posted? At some point, that is more than luck. I don't think that int was all bad luck, TO should've done better and Romo's decision to throw it may not have been optimal

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Look I can't spell it any clearer. Guaranteed probowl, top 5 in the league type numbers. You don't luck your way into this. It requires incredible skill. I recognize all the skill on your team, and think Campbell is a heck of a QB. Would be decent of you to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

he never said he was bad
Old 11-18-2007, 07:30 PM

I've heard overated and luckbox. Certainly not huge compliments.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Point is (I think) that he can be good AND lucky.

In this game, Romo hasn't been that special, but he's gotten lucky. He could fairly easily have 4 or 5 turnovers with no TDs.

But, yes, he has loads of talent. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Josh W
Old 11-18-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recognize all the skill on your team, and think Campbell is a heck of a QB. Would be decent of you to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the Dallas fans acknowledge great plays (like the moss catch) but the haters just complain when something doesn't go their way

[ QUOTE ]

Josh W

[/ QUOTE ]

?? I'm pretty sure that is a rule. The QB roughing was weak, but relatively speaking I didn't see the need to cry about it...it's not like it gave Wash a new set of downs (as most roughing calls do).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Point is (I think) that he can be good AND lucky.

In this game, Romo hasn't been that special, but he's gotten lucky. He could fairly easily have 4 or 5 turnovers with no TDs.

But, yes, he has loads of talent. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Josh W

[/ QUOTE ]

that's fair, I agree