Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Cry call this river?

$0.50/$1.00

CO ($63.10) (Hero)
Button ($4.90)
SB ($17.47) 28.4/6.36/0.89 - 230 hands
MP2 ($11.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP2 calls,

My PAH goes down for a moment and I didnt have stats at tables and I did not so good iso-raise with quite loose SB.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ( 4.5BB )
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls,

Here Im not sure I have equity to raise so I just call (also can be behind vs bigger pocet pair, 2 pair or str8).

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 6.5BB )
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>,

I think turn card doest change much so I keep calling, if Im not ahead I probably have 5 outs.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( 9.5BB )
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls,

Now any 3x hand has str8, but pot is big and there wasnt any aggression so I make cry call.

Final Pot: 11.75BB
Old 11-13-2007, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Cry call this river?

Flop: Well yes, you can also be behind a set or 32, but what makes you think they hold any of those hands? What makes you think they have a higher PP? because one guy open limped and one guy cold-called preflop?

I raise the flop. There is a good chance I have the best hand and will get called by worse hands, I would like to buy position, we can trap MP2 for another bet with what looks for all money to be a drawing hand, If I happen to be behind 2pair, I have some outs.

One thing I'm wondering about is... If we raise the flop can get called by SB and the turn comes a heart (especially a scary one like 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]), do we check behind? I never know when to check behind on the turn.

edit: I forgot to add, I don't think this river is a crying call. You are worried about someone having a straight? Well, if SB had the straight, you were beat the whole time, and if MP made his straight on the river, he would have raised.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:58 AM

raise the flop for multiple reasons (eg value, protection and ...**shudder**...information)

you'd really want to knock out as may overcards as possible....getting button to fold would be a good result. also you raised preflop and raising represents strength...your hand becomes easier to play from that point on because if they play back they are saying
a. I Dont care if you have an overpair
b. Im a moran...donkamadonk!

you played your hand like 2 overcards and he could well think he is value betting TP with a worse kicker yadayadayada
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 AM

:g:
I'm raising this flop. You have top pair top kicker on a board that your opponents are most likely going to be drawing at. Charge them for their draws and try to push out overs. If you're 3-bet then back off.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raise the flop for multiple reasons (eg value, protection and ...**shudder**...information)

you'd really want to knock out as may overcards as possible....getting button to fold would be a good result. also you raised preflop and raising represents strength...your hand becomes easier to play from that point on because if they play back they are saying

you played your hand like 2 overcards and he could well think he is value betting TP with a worse kicker yadayadayada

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I would raise flop and villain make 3 bet then call and fold turn UI?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont remember the last time i disagreed with aussie, but heres my take.

JJ, i think you played this hand fine.

1) its not clear that a flop raise is for value. with this many draws out there, not to mention the strong possibility that you're already behind, i think a raise is borderline spewish

2) if someone 3 bets, you still cant fold. this board is perfect to 3 bet a big draw on. thus forget about getting any information from a raise.

3) only one person is left to act behind you. i wouldnt worry too much about protecting my hand here

4) i believe they way you played this hand is the "easiest" way to do so. you can easily fold to a turn raise by the MP player, or fold if the button raises and the blind 3 bets.

5) only questionable street is the river. if your opponents are morans, call all day. if they're competent, i think overcalling is -EV.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:11 AM

I would call the flop, and raise the turn. since flop is a peel, I would wait till the turn, when it's a safe card, such as a 9 here, to raise and knock out those behind.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:20 AM

Grunge:

Raise the flop and fold the turn if SB Bets.

As played I fold the river.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:33 PM

*grunch*

I raise the flop. You have TPTK, albeit a crappy top pair. Now you want to make people pay to draw, or alternatively have SB re-raise to know you aren't best.

As played, you don't have much choice other than calling down or maybe folding the turn.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:27 PM

I really think your hand is too vulnerable to protect on the flop. Theres to many cards that can come on the turn to hurt your holding. I believe theres an example like this one where he says to wait for the turn to raise.