Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 03:32 AM

Default 3 50/100 hands

River is up against 2 solid players, pf capper is 2+2 solid guy and other guy is lightening keller. Flop peel at time was standard since it was my last hand of night [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PokerStars 50/100 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero

Opponent pretty laggy and goes to showdown a fair amount. Definitely losing player in this game. Turn raise and river bet no matter what comes probably better. I have solid image and haven't been out of line yet.

PokerStars 50/100 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

BB is 45/35 bad lag and pf capper is normally solid regular who running 27/20/2. Possible turn check suggested by friend.

PokerStars 50/100 Hold'em (4 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 09-03-2007, 05:52 AM

Default Re: 3 50/100 hands

1) Bet I don't think its close at all.

2) I think its a spew vs player described, would just fold, play turn the same and think a turn raise is spew. Put another way if I rivered a jack I'd value raise so I think bluffraising this guy is extra bad.

3) I think checking turn is results oriented, I think you did fine this spot sucks, I'd call and hope he sucks and has KQ and puts me on JJ I guess. I think the turn is somewhat close to a 3 bet (closer than it is to a fold but I guess call is clearly reasonable).

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-03-2007, 01:35 PM

as i said at the table, i like a river bet in hand 1 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as i said at the table, i like a river bet in hand 1 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, thought you were being sarcastic at the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2007, 02:46 PM

Hand 1: Flop peel doesn't seems loose at all to me. Nearly 15:1 has to be enough even if you discount your outs a lot. Agree with leading the river. He will fire 2 barrels with AK/AQ pretty often (always?) and you may make the same by leading if you get a loose call from MP.

Hand 2: This sounds like the type of villain, that I usually wouldn't try this [censored] against.

Hand 3: Well, I usually get flamed when I suggest folding a decent hand getting these odds, but I don't see much we beat here. After the turnraise we're calling down hoping he has AQ. I really don't see him betting the river here into two opponents with KQ (if that's even in his range. Sure some will cap KQ here, but most won't, I think).
Old 09-03-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, thought you were being sarcastic at the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was, in the sense that i hated the fact that you did it because your hand was face up and i knew i had lost. but all that aside, betting the river is best in this spot.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:11 PM

really, I like chk/rzing the river. The value of just betting is that you're not letting him check behind with AK, which a lot of players will actually pay you off with here. However, If I'm holding JJ and you check to me, I betting every time and expecting you to turn over 77 or somesuch. So I check and raise.

Hand 2, I fold to the river bet. Got to make hands against that type of player.

Hnad 3, I really do want to fold, but 16:1 against KQ, JJ? Fine, take my money.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:24 PM

Hand 2 I think that would be a bad turn card to semibluff against a showdown bound LAG. River doesn't seem worth it assuming he can't fold a pair, not enough better busted draws.

Hand 3 I think a turn 3 bet has merit. I'd expect a solid player to raise the flop with a set, KJo probably wouldn't cap PF, and AA/QQ would often raise the flop. On the river I don't know, but our hand does sort of look like JTs or JJ.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really, I like chk/rzing the river. The value of just betting is that you're not letting him check behind with AK, which a lot of players will actually pay you off with here. However, If I'm holding JJ and you check to me, I betting every time and expecting you to turn over 77 or somesuch. So I check and raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

re hand 1: i have unimproved AK or AQ which i wont bet more often than an over pair. its just simple combinatorial analysis.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

re hand 1: i have unimproved AK or AQ which i wont bet more often than an over pair. its just simple combinatorial analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems close. I'm guessing you've got 99+ here the majority of the time -- you'd fold 88? So that's 27 combos of pairs but you don't want to checkraise vs 3 of them, and 25 hands you want to bet vs. As is since both players are solid c/r might be slightly better than betting, but I guess that depends on how you deal with being 3bet.

Rob