Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 05:53 PM

Default 6-max $25NL - Line check w/ set OOP after possible flush on board.

No reads. Just making sure this is standard. Anyone check turn or river, or bet more/less? If you do, please explain why.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $8.25
CO: $11
BTN: $10.05
Hero (SB): $11.4
BB: $13

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.15, 5 players)
UTG calls $0.10, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, BB calls $0.40, UTG folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.1, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, BB calls $1

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($3.1, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, BB calls $2

<font color="black">River:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($7.1, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, BB calls $2.75
Old 02-06-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: 6-max $25NL - Line check w/ set OOP after possible flush on board.

I would have bet here also. I'm not sure if it is a value bet or a blocking bet but I like my hand enough to see the showdown. If you check you're in an awkward spot calling a larger bet. I would think if he had anything but the nut flush he would have raised the turn to protect his hand.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:52 PM

I'd do teh same beacuse I've checked in the same spot before and I always end up folding when they pot in a big bet. THough it looks like he could have hit a straight, or maybe TP.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have bet here also. I'm not sure if it is a value bet or a blocking bet

[/ QUOTE ]

It has elements of both. You want to see a showdown because your hand is probably good (and you want some value when it is), but you want to set your own price.

[ QUOTE ]
If you check you're in an awkward spot calling a larger bet. I would think if he had anything but the nut flush he would have raised the turn to protect his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think so.

What I'm wondering is this - when we bet out on the river like this, can we call any raise? If so, how big of a raise can we call?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:41 PM

I'd bet about the same on the turn. Your hand is still vulnerable and you obviously don't want this checked through. Plus with ten outs to beat a flush you can afford to call a raise. The river is tough, but I think you'll get called by worse hands more often than you'll get raised. Check-calling definately sucks.