Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Cry call this river?

Also If I would villain I would play with very strong/monster hand like he has played to sandwitch all players. So this donk dosent necceserly mean weak ...
Old 11-14-2007, 09:01 AM

Without any read on MP2, I don't iso-raise with this hand. Even if I know he is a fish, I am dubious on the basis that I am behind a lot of aces that he might hold. I raise the flop on the basis that I have top pair and outs if I am behind. It also makes the play on the turn easier. As played, you have no idea where you stand on the turn and you will feel pretty sick if you raise and get 3 bet. Calling the turn and river seems OK.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to reconcile with what SSHE wrote that, if you have only little equity edge on the flop, why not wait till the turn to raise if a safe card comes, and your equity edge will be even bigger?

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a "safe" card for your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Safe card? No diamonds, no straight completion, no broadways.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:17 AM

i find it amusing that we are automatically assuming the donker to be weak here.

other players besides 2+2ers know how to trap the field. not everyone out there is a moron.

this is a very common spot for an opponent to B/3B a huge draw, a set, or a straight.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i find it amusing that we are automatically assuming the donker to be weak here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me an estimate as to how often you this donk is two pair or better. The way your posts have read, you're saying "villain donked, therefore he is strong."

I have not made the statement that this donk is weak. I have simply said that the donk alone is not enough information to make me believe that there is a "strong possibility" of a monster out there. The board is not really "monster" material. Make it 987, and I'll worry about it a little more.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:22 PM

Kit, as played hero puts in 2.5BB postflop and basically catches a goot turn card. Things dont always go as planned.

Whats the plan if something like a KQJT hits? Or to ask it a different way (and this is for anyone who cares to answer) what would it take (ie what cards and/or what betting actions) for you to fold your hand on the turn or river?

I believe that raising the flop will allow hero to do more than "call and pray" as it will put hero in the lead and allow me to (possibly) also get away from my hand if all signs point to beatsville for <2.5BB. granted, we may not save much or anything at all but if I can get any villian to fold 2 overcards then that is a good result so we dont get sucked out on on big streets, no?

2bb
Old 11-14-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I have simply said that the donk alone is not enough information to make me believe that there is a "strong possibility" of a monster out there

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahmen.

I would love villan to bet/3bet his flush/straight draw here.

Whats gunna happen? he's gunna b/3b, knock out MP2, we're gunna be HU in position and only putting one bet max in on each street because he will either miss his draw and c/c the turn and c/f the river, or hit his draw and lead the turn and river where we will have the option to fold depending on just how scary the card is.

So that kinda answer's ab's question. KQJT doesn't scare me as much as diamonds 7 and 3.