Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Best place to play and stay in Tunica

[ QUOTE ]
Ok a follow up ?
Do they allow headphones and mp3 players while playing poker?
I am from KC and some places do but most do not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Headphones and MP3 players are fine. Cellphones are iffy. I have an MP3 player on my cell and have used it with no problems. But if you're playing a hand, you are not allowed to talk on the phone.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if you're playing a hand, you are not allowed to talk on the phone.

[/ QUOTE ] I've yet to see a floor tell anyone at Horseshoe that they couldn't talk on the phone while in a hand. (Unless it's a tourney)
Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 PM

Since school started I haven't been to Tunica (stuck playing in MO with the loss limit ugh), have all the $1/$2 NL games changed to $1/$3 NL???

Also my buddies and I like to spew at the 50cent roulette table at the sheraton is that still there? please say yes..

On a side note to the OP I don't know how deep you like to play but sometimes the GS NL games play super deep esp in Jan (last year I was waiting and saw no less than $20,000 on the table at the 1/2 game) So keep that in mind Hollywood used to have a $200 max buy in 1/2 game that was always fun and soft...
Old 10-03-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also my buddies and I like to spew at the 50cent roulette table at the sheraton is that still there? please say yes..

[/ QUOTE ]

It was still there in June and my wife and I had a blast playing the el-cheapo roulette! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have heard the 20/40 at the Grand is just crazy.

[/ QUOTE ] You won't find 20-40 at the Grand at all. The largest game you'll find there is 4-8. All the red chip action in Tunica is at Horseshoe. 15-30 goes Monday-Thursday and 20-40 goes all weekend. The Gold Strike spreads a real good 1-2 NL with no cap. Horseshoe spreads 1-3 NL. ($100-$300) The 2-5 game is uncapped with a $200 minimum. Most people these days are staying at Gold Strike because of the hotel and doing most of their playing at Horseshoe. The poker rate at Horseshoe is $30 and $40 but the room is actually at the Veranda Hotel at the Grand. If you have anymore questions post here or send me a PM. I work at Horseshoe so be sure to look me up when you get in town.

Todd
Old 10-04-2007, 02:29 AM

Peppering the board with chips is the nutz for sure I don't care if it is a leak...

Thanks for the info Chipr77, I'm fairly sure I'll be down over thanksgiving break and def Jan. Do you guys spread any games other than holdem and 1-5 stud. preferably something smaller than the 25-50 plo game that I have seen a few times...
Old 10-04-2007, 03:06 AM

6-12 Omaha H/L has been going quite requently. If you dont mind a table full of nits it's a good game.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Kayaker,
I really think Sam's town is the softest game that I played in in Toontown.

OP,
I went in Jan & July and posted trip reports on my blog about it if you want to look some of that up. Try the Saturday tourney at Sam's Town and the cash game afterwards, there were no regs there from what I could tell. I've always had trouble beating the GS & HS games, they are swimming w/ regs. GS has a good room rate and they don't follow up with you much on how much time you spent in their poker room, there is no checkin really, so they can't monitor your time there. GL
LL79
Old 10-04-2007, 12:03 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

[ QUOTE ]
6-12 Omaha H/L has been going quite requently. If you dont mind a table full of nits it's a good game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it play with a kill and does it go mostly weekends or mostly through the week?

Thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 12:04 PM

hmmm... 6/12 Omaha H/L full of nits... sounds like a dream come true lol. J/K Thanks for the info I might check it out when I'm down there, but I don't really like to feel depressed while I'm at the table, and I'm afraid I might jump off the big horseshoe if I play in that game.

Also is the 1-5 stud game still the old timers... I loved playing in that game everyone calling me son and a couple of them telling stories.. Good times