Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 10:44 PM

Default 100NL 6m AKs vs big pf raise

$100 stacks. UTG is unkown, 33/8.3/3.0 over 12 hands which means nothing. He raises to 12, Im on the button with AKs what do I do? What if I have $299-$300?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 PM

Default Re: 100NL 6m AKs vs big pf raise

Interesting spot. I have a hard time believing that an unknown player would raise to 12xBB with KK/AA. I'm not ruling out the possibility but it seems unlikely.

I don't like reraising to $36 because that creates a big enough pot that he can make a PSB first to act on the flop and possibly get us to fold the better hand or a chop when we miss. Also if he pushes after our 3-bet we'll feel compelled to call getting 2:1.

So that reduces my choices to either just calling preflop or else pushing. It kind of sucks having to call 12 BBs and then folding when you miss the flop 2/3 of the time. Also if he has a medium PP then he will be reluctant to pay off if an Ace or King flops. Still, I don't think that calling the raise in position is terrible here. I think that would be my default here.

But perhaps pushing preflop is best? That will likely only get called if we're beat though, and possibly also by TT and most likely by JJ or QQ.

I'm curious what other people think.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:59 PM

Default Re: 100NL 6m AKs vs big pf raise

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting spot. I have a hard time believing that an unknown player would raise to 12xBB with KK/AA. I'm not ruling out the possibility but it seems unlikely.

I don't like reraising to $36 because that creates a big enough pot that he can make a PSB first to act on the flop and possibly get us to fold the better hand or a chop when we miss. Also if he pushes after our 3-bet we'll feel compelled to call getting 2:1.

So that reduces my choices to either just calling preflop or else pushing. It kind of sucks having to call 12 BBs and then folding when you miss the flop 2/3 of the time. Also if he has a medium PP then he will be reluctant to pay off if an Ace or King flops. Still, I don't think that calling the raise in position is terrible here. I think that would be my default here.

But perhaps pushing preflop is best? That will likely only get called if we're beat though, and possibly also by TT and most likely by JJ or QQ.

I'm curious what other people think.

[/ QUOTE ] These were my thoughts exactly, so I want sure what to do.