Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Re: OOT Survivor: diebitter vs. Bruiser

Cola:

[ QUOTE ]
I care a lot more about diebitter's wishes here than some posters getting pissy about not getting their contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide:

[ QUOTE ]
i would have had an admin put a stop to it if diebitter did actually want to back out. he doesn't, so there's not much we can do.

[/ QUOTE ]

diebitter's wishes should not be the deciding factor. He's just one poster, mod or not.

An Admin should do what's best for the forums. In my judgement, that means putting an end to the whole thing.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:04 PM

FWIW, I think this OOT Survivor stuff is immature and bad for the forum. I don't think it should happen again, and I think this one should be stopped.

Mat handles stuff like this, though... so that's just my opinion.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

An Admin should do what's best for the forums. In my judgement, that means putting an end to the whole thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

But why this time and not [censored] vs. Stuey? You know that I never liked OOT Survivor, but what makes this challenge the one that needs to be stopped before we prevent them in the future? I tried to think of good answers to both of those questions. Nothing came to mind.

Seriously, tell me what makes this different from the last few that were allowed? If we put a stop to this one based solely on how it makes the site look, we need to publicly unban those who lost previous challenges.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I think as Ed pointed out it's a bad move to make banning a game. When it was basically two trolls or when [censored] obviously set it up so he would be banned so as to go out in a blaze of glory it wasn't so bad but this contest is terrible.

Whether Diebitter wants it is irrelevant. Should he lose the thing an admin would have to ban him. All that needs to happen here is for Mat or Cola (probably better if Mat did it I would say) to go into the thread and say it's not happening.

I don't understand the "it's too far along" line either. Until somebody actually gets banned it isn't too far along. Even then it can be reversed.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:09 PM

[censored] wanted to go out anyway, and this whole charade was his schtick to begin with. It was always retarded, but it's more than over the line now. I'd like to see Mat ax it. Hell, I think NPA chiming in in the thread would mean something, too.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But why this time and not [censored] vs. Stuey?

[/ QUOTE ]

I let Mat know right from the start that I didn't like any of [censored]'s BS. I was against [censored] becoming a mod due to what he said he would do (and followed up on). But, Mat wanted him to be a mod so I didn't interfere and kept quiet about it.

With [censored] gone, I feel more comfortable speaking out against the type of garbage he was orchestrating in OOT.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would have had an admin put a stop to it if diebitter did actually want to back out. he doesn't, so there's not much we can do. i hate the situation too.

this will absolutely be the last oot survivor.

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole situation reflects poorly on 2+2 Mod's and 2+2, and I believe serious consideration should be given to Mike's suggestion!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:16 PM

edit: I mean this specific diebitter vs. bruiser, not in general.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This whole situation reflects poorly on 2+2 Mod's and 2+2

[/ QUOTE ]

This confuses me so much. I can see how people think that, and I actually agree! But where was all this outcry when voltron was banned? What about utmt40? If people are objecting to OOT survivor because of how it makes the site look, they should have been in here insisting that this be stopped when the last OOT survivor was happening. But nobody said anything then.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:21 PM

It's already happening.