Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Re: OOT Survivor: diebitter vs. Bruiser

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is ridiculous that what is essentially an OOT party game is allowed to affect what happens in the strategy forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much mirrors my feelings.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:12 PM

die, suspend him for 24 hours for this post and let things cool down!
Old 02-14-2006, 07:15 PM

No one wants to lose either party from the forums, but the personal pride of these two, in reality, largely anonymous young stallion posters is at stake.

Someone notably "senior", (David, Mason, Mat), needs to step in, now, with an acceptable alternative, (we can think of one, if you agree in principle), where neither party loses face, and we don't lose a valuable member of the forums.

(The sacrificial senior person will draw the flak away from the other two for the proposed (dumb) event not happening.)
Old 02-14-2006, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we mostly agree that these survivor matches between non-trolls are bad, but in my opinion this one is too far along to be stopped. My feeling is that the best thing that can happen is:

1) An admin posts in OOT to make it clear that challenging people to OOT Survivor is not acceptable anymore and after this match there will be no more, but that this one is on.

2) The match takes place. I think something like "Final OOT Survivor" is more dramatic than "OOT Survivor #5" and drives home the point that this won't be allowed in the future, so I hope that gets used as the name.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been thinking about this for a while, and bobbyi's suggestion seems like the best option to me. Since it's gone this far, preventing it now probably wouldn't go over very well. But it should be clear that no further OOT Survivor challenges will be allowed after this, IMO.

Also, Diebitter and Brusier both appear to want this, and [censored] already somewhat established that mods are allowed to participate in OOT Survivor. Still, If you aren't set on doing this, diebitter, please say so.

Lastly, I don't think anything should be done before Mat posts something about all of this.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:31 PM

Why are we letting the inmates run the asylum? Seriously. This OOT survivor thing is so retarded it could only be a creation of the brain surgeons in that forum.

Mat, please just overrule this whole fiasco. If the OOTiotic masses complain, tell them to eat cake.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is ridiculous that what is essentially an OOT party game is allowed to affect what happens in the strategy forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously i didn't want this one to happen.

the fact remains that nobody is "stealing" strat posters, though. this is a choice that bruiser made himself.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are we letting the inmates run the asylum?

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't. If diebitter didn't want to do this, it would be a different situation. But it looks like he does.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty... Is this post in the Mod forum for any purpose other than informational?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was partly informational.

I also hoped an Admin would step up and put an end to it all.

I'd be happy to do it myself. But, another OOT mod (diebitter) is participating and a third OOT mod (astroglide) just ran another OOT Survivor. And, I'm not going to overrule the decisions of other mods.

This seems like another situation where mods are just trying to do what's popular with the popular posters. Instead, they should be focused on doing what's right for the forums in the long run.

An Admin should prohibit the contest from taking place. Some posters will get pissy and start some venting threads. But, it will all blow over in a few days.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

An Admin should prohibit the contest from taking place. Some posters will get pissy and start some venting threads. But, it will all blow over in a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I care a lot more about diebitter's wishes here than some posters getting pissy about not getting their contest. I was seriously considering putting an end to the whole thing all day, but ultimately diebitter volunteers his time to moderate OOT. If he wants to do this, that's important. It's not like this challenge was made or accepted after it had been decided that we probably aren't going to allow these anymore.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:58 PM

i would have had an admin put a stop to it if diebitter did actually want to back out. he doesn't, so there's not much we can do. i hate the situation too.

this will absolutely be the last oot survivor.