Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 05:39 PM

Default Re: $16s- 25/50, 2 hands shoving over multiple limpers

I would call the AQ hand(may get berated),but a standart raise looks awful,I dont like the push either and calling looks a little bit better then folding.
The second is a push for me.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to me, going all in for 30 BBs behind no raise is pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but just to understand your thinking..

I assume you raise atleast in the AK hand, so what is your raise size?

Obv getting no callers isn't a problem so with the new pot size with limpers and 1 caller how do you play when your hand misses the flop?

With multiple callers how do you play when your hand misses the flop?

Its easy to play if they all fold pf, or if you connect on the flop, but when you miss you are almost too deep to c-bet seeing in takes a large portion or all of your stack in the case of multiple callers. Seeing you miss the flop a huge percent of the time, are you just giving up your 250+ with a check/fold? If so this is why I think it is better to usually take down a smaller pot pf than go for a bigger one post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

like everything in poker, it depends. Its depends who your playing and how they are playing.

I don't think there is anything wrong with limping with AQ. In the AK hand I would probably raise to 250.

If I get the pot to heads up I'm continuation betting for prolly 350.

If I get two callers I may check behind on flop if I miss.

It just really depends on who the players are and what the texture of the flop is. Sometimes you just have to learn how to slow down and keep the pot small or take a free card, if you can.

That being said, I'd rather raise with AK, continuation bet the flop and be checked raised off my hand over going all in for 30 BB's. You gain very little with that play unless your opponents are willing to call you with AX a reasonable % of the time.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That being said, I'd rather raise with AK, continuation bet the flop and be checked raised off my hand over going all in for 30 BB's. You gain very little with that play unless your opponents are willing to call you with AX a reasonable % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I guess thats the standard play, though I plan to stick with shoving.. I think at this level it is more important to maintain your stack (by taking down these chips) than to try for a big pot with all these limpers present, losing 250+ is horrible to your stack especially when blinds will soon be 50/100. We are deep, but so many people will not limp/fold here that it is the only way to get them off garbage hands that you don't want in a multiway pot.

I also do think getting called by weaker Ax hands will happen somewhat frequently which is also really good.