Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2007, 06:01 PM

Default U Make the Decision – One Player Knows and One Doesn’t

This one comes from a fixed buy 5/10 blind NL game in a Los Angeles card club.

The pot contains about $250 with four players active. On the flop Seat 2 bets $300 “all-in”. Seat 3 calls $300 and has about $600 more to play. Seat 5 ($600 deep) goes into a short tank. Seat 7 (covers all opponents) is last to act and waiting.

While waiting for Seat 5 the player in Seat 2 shows the player in Seat 3 his hand and Seat 3 reciprocates (they do this in an open and friendly manner) while Seat 7 watches intently. After a few more seconds Seat 5 folds. Seat 7 decides that although he could keep quiet and play the hand knowing Seat 3 has knowledge of Seat 2’s hand (this could be the best strategy but isn’t the point of this thread) he decides he wants a ruling now.

Seat 7 asks the dealer to call the floor. When the floor comes Seat 7 explains the facts and Seat 2 and Seat 3 admit their error and apologize. Seat 7 accepts the apology but points out that Seat 3 has complete knowledge of the all-in hand while he doesn’t; meanwhile there is substantial money yet to be bet. Seat 7 asks the floor to freeze the action after he acts and before the turn card is dealt so the floor can make some sort of remedy

The floor agrees and asks Seat 7 to act. Before he acts Seat 7 asks the floor, “Your decision has a bearing on my action. Can I see Seat 2’s cards now? If not, what will be your decision if I just call and what will be your decision if I push all-in?

You are the floor. How do you respond and/or what is your decision?