Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-02-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: Baseball managers are vastly overrated

[ QUOTE ]
wow so what your saying is he sees that wang is leaving the ball up and tells him to correct his mechanics (which as you say won't work because theres thpusands watching at its a playoff game blah blah- this part i agree with)

So your solution to that is to leave him in the game to get shitpelted and give your team no shot to win- brilliant.
And i make you wonder-good one.

I agree its not torres fualt wang got roped- its his fault he was left in the game forever. They probably wouldve lost that game anyway. However coupled with leaving wang in game one for so long and the complete joke that was torre managing game 2 and i find it hilarious that people question whether or not it matters who your manager is.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. When the [censored] did I say anything about a solution being leaving him in the game? Reading comprehension is a must in this forum. Re-read my post, you said "why can't Torre see that Wang is leaving the ball up?" "I said he can see it."

2. When did I say Torre was a good manager?

3. When did I say it didn't matter who your manager is?

Please answer these. Be careful answering them b/c you are doing a God-awful job so far.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:58 AM

lmao
im doing a god awful job
Torre either
1) didnt see that everything was up
or
2) saw it and did nothing about it
Either way its the same thing and hes imcomepetant
Have fun playing semantics

As for points 2 and 3-
when did i say you said either one of those things? And you talk abour reading comprehension. Ironic.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:32 AM

mo,

Your post was directed at me and you said "and the complete joke that was torre managing game 2 and i find it hilarious that people question whether or not it matters who your manager is"--"people" is the key word in that sentence when reading a sentence directed at me, I am grouped in w/ those "people." That is reading comprehension.

And to clarify it does matter who your manager is, some of these people on this site think they can just fill up a lineup card and make some switches during a game and they have no clue what is going on in a game. I am actually agreeing w/ you about Torre--I understand what Torre's plan was, he was trying to get by w/ his Ace as long as he could so he didn't have to destroy his bullpen in the first game of the series but that is plan A and when plan A starts to unravel on you, you get plan B (the bullpen) going ASAP.

I think that many overrate what managers do and many underrate what they do, but I also think that most don't realize what they do--it is a job that isn't out in the open and the actions aren't seen.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:45 PM

i dont think its possible to underrate what a manager does.