Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 09:06 AM

Default ***Official USF vs. Rutgers Thread ***

I will be at the game tonight. If I see Holtz or Herbstreet I will kick them in the nuts for disrespecting USF. I'll be the old guy in the USF jersey if they pan the crowd.

Gametime weather is supposed to 70 degrees with a chance of showers. If USF doesn't turn the ball over 4 times I think they win this one comfortably. The Rutgers D Line is overmatched and USF D shouldn't have much trouble with Rice. The USF corners can man up the RU WRs and allow the Bulls to keep a lot of guys around the line of scrimmage. Moffitt probably gets 15 tackles tonight.

Well, back to trying to be productive for the next 6 hours..........
Old 10-18-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Re: ***Official USF vs. Rutgers Thread ***

They sell USF football jerseys?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Having good games on Thursdays really helps me get through the week.

USF is due to have the breaks/turnovers go against them. Rutgers has underperformed this year and will be fired up to save their season. I see this one being close.

Also, the Big East may want to reconsider being on TV all the time for "exposure." Every week I am astounded at how bad the defense is in this conference.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the Big East may want to reconsider being on TV all the time for "exposure." Every week I am astounded at how bad the defense is in this conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not have watched the USF Defense this year then. They shut down WVU and Auburn. They lead the nation in tackles for a loss, have the nation's leader in sacks and two of the best corners in the country.

Oh yeah, the Big East has 5 of the top 28 defenses right now. You must be horrified by the Big Ten and Pac Ten (2 teams each in the Top 30)LINKY

USF is 18th in Total D and 8th in Rushing D. They are 61st in passing D allowing 221 yards a game.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:39 AM

I think Riverman is the first person I've have ever heard of who is horrified by high scoring games.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not have watched the USF Defense this year then. They shut down WVU and Auburn. They lead the nation in tackles for a loss, have the nation's leader in sacks and two of the best corners in the country.

Oh yeah, the Big East has 5 of the top 28 defenses right now. You must be horrified by the Big Ten and Pac Ten (2 teams each in the Top 30)LINKY

USF is 18th in Total D and 8th in Rushing D. They are 61st in passing D allowing 221 yards a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, college team defense statistics are barely worth the paper they are printed on and you know it. There are way too many variables/hidden factors. Generally speaking, the Big East plays much softer non-conference competition than the conferences you mentioned. And blowout yardage/points that aren't really relevant to how good a defense is can skew things.

Are there some decent defenses in the Big East? Yes. Is USF's defense legit? Probably- they shut down an admittedly excellent WVU offense. But it is my personal belief that most teams in the conference have bad defenses.

I think USF is good, but has been running above expectation. Maybe they will prove me wrong.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sup Bro plays for USF?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sup Bro is George Selvie?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-18-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sup Bro is George Selvie?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Selvie has 20 already. Sup Bro is obviously his position coach and mentor.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:09 PM

i will be watching at a bar tonight and I guess I'll root for rutgers. WOO