Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-17-2007, 09:24 PM

Default Re: Anonymous National League Champion

the truth is that even if every single team i wanted in the playoffs made it and my team was doing terrifically, after the seven year baseball season i just can't get all that excited for the world series regardless of who's playing
Old 10-17-2007, 09:24 PM

Also, note the super-retarded 3:30pm start times for the first round games in Philadelphia. [censored] the fans I guess?
Old 10-18-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And they had to do it in the rain and snow of mid-October Rockie Mountains.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possibly one of the dumbest things ever written. It gives them an ADVANTAGE over other teams who come from warm climates...like, say, the desert of Arizona. And the Rockies are the ones who were too dumb to build a dome, probably never expecting to actually play a meaningful role in baseball's postseason (which, given they're in the NL, it remains to be seen whether they will this year).
Old 10-18-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is possibly one of the dumbest things ever written. It gives them an ADVANTAGE over other teams who come from warm climates...like, say, the desert of Arizona. And the Rockies are the ones who were too dumb to build a dome, probably never expecting to actually play a meaningful role in baseball's postseason (which, given they're in the NL, it remains to be seen whether they will this year).

[/ QUOTE ]

No outside sport will ever have a dome in Colorado. It's not a matter of smarts.. who cares if it affects the games, its what the fans here love.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No outside sport will ever have a dome in Colorado. It's not a matter of smarts.. who cares if it affects the games, its what the fans here love.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying, but nobody loves needing hot chocolate at a baseball game.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you're saying, but nobody loves needing hot chocolate at a baseball game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe love is the wrong word.. but prefer it to the alternative of having a dome. It was very very cold during game 3.. we were all soaked.. but its part of the experience. It was awesome and everyone really enjoyed it. Maybe its because of the Broncos but fans here really thrive in that environment.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you are ridiculous sir, this is a part of sports everywhere. did you forget that the rockies did NOT have homefield advantage in either series?? what about the bugs in cleveland? or the near freezing temperatures in boston? this is OCTOBER. and then to say they havent played a meaningful role in the postseason, LOL they've won 21 of their last 22 games and became only the second team to ever sweep both NL series. even if i am a biased rockies fan, anyway you look at it, they're making history.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, my wife loves the hot cocoa at Coors Field.

For those who don't know, there's been like a total of 3-4 rainouts at Coors Field. Ever. In 13 years.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For those who don't know, there's been like a total of 3-4 rainouts at Coors Field. Ever. In 13 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very incorrect I think

I for one have had tickets to three rainout games, and I've gone to like 25 games
Old 10-18-2007, 06:26 PM

or the near freezing temperatures in boston?

Since it did not go below 50 F in Boston, you have a strange definition of "near."

That being said, most of the US has better weather for baseball in the first week of November than in the first week of April. Boston certainly does.