Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 02:08 AM

Default I never do this, but...

CO is nitty mcnitterson 17/10 after not so many hands...button is loosish, suckish 35/10 after a couple hundred...

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,
Old 10-15-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: I never do this, but...

I hope for your own sake that you got punished this hand so that you will not play A4o after 1 fold 6 handed when there's a loose retard on the button.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:15 AM

jeeus, I didn't even notice how bad PF is...
Old 10-15-2007, 04:17 AM

i actually kinda like the river c/r. i think you win it slightly more than 2 out of 11 times which is what you need. if, on the other hand, you bet out, i feel you'll get called much more often. just a gut feeling, no data obviously.

i don't like the flop bet though. you have a decent drawing hand. i don't see what you want to accomplish with the bet.

did you raise pf by accident?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

did you raise pf by accident?

[/ QUOTE ]

most likely multitabling error which caused me to think I was CO or had A4s.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:37 AM

I like the river c/r for the reasons rzk mentioned.
nitty mcnitterson might even fold a pocket pair due to the action (c/r is only bad if Lossy McSuckish has a pretty high WTS or low fold to raise on the river)

with these people in CO and BU raising A4 is not "that" bad.

however betting the flop into 4 players is borderline imo. you wont make all 4 fold on this board (+ you might have only 3 outs) but if Nitty or Loosy iso-raise you you might be in pretty deep [censored].

my play is:
raise preflop. c/c flop, c/f turn (and if the river is 3-handed I like the original fancy play)
Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 AM

This really kinda depends on flow/rhythm, if Button is really a weak bitch, etc. The thing is you're representing zilch and it's really pretty obvious, but his hand range is obviously heavily weighted toward weak stuff - maybe like Ac7c that things it can take you off AJ, or 44 going for a weird value bet after checking the turn. At higher limits - and maybe 10/20 - I think he never folds and might even 3-bet bluff (maybe not this particular player).