Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 03:03 PM

Default Staking question (pokerstars steps)

Hey I have a semi-busto friend who is really great at not finishing in the bottom half of SNGs and decent at cashing them who I want to stake in the steps as a favor.

The packages you win are worth $12000 and it says they give you $1000 of it in cash. My question is, how many buy-ins would be a fair stake to claim the entire $1000 if he wins. Or if easier, how much reward is a single buy-in worth taking into account both the 100% stake and the amount of work he would have to put in. I figure it can be estimated if you multiply the buy-in by the number of attempts it would take him to beat every step on average but I don't really feel capable of calculating such a number. He's a $5 regular, so it can't be too small... I was hoping someone who was better at math would be able to provide an informed guess.

His PS name is Kyle Rote if his sharkscope would help anyone decide.

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Staking question (pokerstars steps)

so you stake 100% and on the super long shot he makes it all the way through you get 1/12 of the winnings? seem's obvious that even one stake isn't fair for you.

you're going to have to take a large % of him in the PCA if he should qualift to begin making this anywhere near fair.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:51 PM

take all 1k and 70% of pca winnings and pay for his flight there.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 PM

I might be totally wrong on this, but can't you take the W's instead of playing for the PCA seat? ( Kinda like unregistering before the last step?)

Seems like a fairer deal would be (if you think he will be a long term winner in these) that you get a large amount of the W's he wins, and he can sell the rest to build his own bankroll.

I'm a 5 dollar regular also and would take a deal that was equal to someone staking me 100% where they get 75% of my winnings if it let me take a few bigger shots.

Ken
Old 10-14-2007, 09:50 PM

You can't take the W$. They give you a ticket for the step you qualify for. It's like the FPP tickets you can buy from the FPP VIP store... you can't unreg like a normal satellite, but you can use the ticket whenever you want.