Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: 11 year old thread

4_2,

Obviously that thread was inappropriate due to the sexual focus/nature of it and the pics within it. However, where do you think the line should be drawn?

What would your stance be if someone posted the following threads:

1) "Cute baby pictures" with lots of adorable baby/toddler pics like this:

2) "Adorable kid pictures" with pics like this:

3) "Cute pageant kids" with pics like this:

4) "Girls who will be movie stars when they grow up" with the pics in the 11-yo OP and text saying "Here are some girls I think are really pretty and have a chance at being the next big thing in Hollywood."

I'm just wondering where the line should get drawn.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:45 PM

El D,

As father, I'm sure my line is different from the average 19 year old poster in BBV4L. As attested by my posting history, I am not prudish regarding things of a sexual nature; however, I really can't find anything redeeming in sexualizing a 10 year old girl.

To answer your question, I think the line is crossed when you are making the subject of the picture into a sexual object. None of your examples meet that definition, though I'm sure that some posters would find a way to cross the line within the contexts you provided.

For instance, someone posting vacation pictures of their kids is perfectly acceptable. Posters commenting on how cute the kids are is fine. A funny non-sexual MSPaint is fine. NOS1NOS2 MSPainting Grimstar performing a sex act with one of kids crosses the line.

Posting a picture of a random 9 year old girl soaked on an amusement park water ride with the caption "I'd hit it" or similar is over the line.

Posting a picture of Jon Benet Ramsey and railing against kids being in beauty pagents is fine.

I recently noticed the 'pedobear gifs' and find them distasteful, but I admit I don't know enough of the back story to know whether they are anything worse than unfunny.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:03 PM

Pedobear is hilarious.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:57 PM

This thread needs to be deleted, from the Mod forum as well. I strongly suggest that this is done promptly.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM

4_2_it,

My apologies but I didn't address the thread as I haven't looked at it save for when it was first posted. I actually thought it was more interesting than most, given the OP's motive. He clearly wasn't approaching the subject matter from a perverted angle but simply saying, 'Wow, this is nuts, a preteen girl than could easily fool anybody and pass for a grown woman.' I looked and agreed. (Wow, crazy, hormones in the milk, etc etc.) Then somebody else posted the CNN information about how she was a top model in Japan. (Wow, crazy, Japanese people are WEEIRD)

Since then I haven't looked back, mainly because ladies in bikinis threads bore me to death. (Some people seem to not realize that there are better sources than 2p2 on the internet for pix of ladies in bikinis)

If it makes you feel any better my very first mod action was deleting some pix similar to the ones you described in the OP, and i'll try to be johnny-on-the-spot in the future. My motives are slightly different than yours (having daughters isn't my driving force) but I have no patience for that crap. Even ignoring everything else, posts and pics like those are simply worthless.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread needs to be deleted, from the Mod forum as well. I strongly suggest that this is done promptly.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's illegal in that thread? Not too familiar with that specific area of law.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's illegal in that thread? Not too familiar with that specific area of law.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit, I only quickly opened it and then closed it, but if the girls in sexual positions and half naked are underage, then its illegal.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:11 PM

While I can see why it would gross people out, I don't find the thread as vile as others do. That's not to say it's unvile, just that I'm not sure it's "remove from the site lest my virgin eyes be burned by the horrors within".

Although my day started with somebody posting a picture that claimed to be my mom [censored] a horse, so I'm not sure anything else is going to really freak me out.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While I can see why it would gross people out, I don't find the thread as vile as others do. That's not to say it's unvile, just that I'm not sure it's "remove from the site lest my virgin eyes be burned by the horrors within".

Although my day started with somebody posting a picture that claimed to be my mom [censored] a horse, so I'm not sure anything else is going to really freak me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids - there was at least one picture that was illegal in that thread without a doubt, two teenage girls one with her top off and the other with her mouth around her breasts. They look around 14, I dont think they are from one of those "barely legal" sites.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM

TT,

Are they hot?