Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Danny Bonaduce ends \"Survivor\" star Jonny Fairplay\'s career

[ QUOTE ]
Danny is like 6' tall and he LAUNCHED Jonny. You throw anyone with their head aimed toward the floor from that height and they're going to get hurt, especially if he's not expecting it. Whether Danny intended to hurt him or not is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not expecting it? How does someone jump on someone and then proceed to dry hump their face and NOT expect some sort of repercussion? I think you are giving Johnny Fairplay too much leeway.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously hope he takes Bonaduce for all the money he's got, because dbags like that don't deserve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, cuz guys like Jonny [censored] Fairplay deserve it.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Their both dbags, though Johnny initiated the physical contact. Just bad luck, or bad coordination, on Johnny's part to land mouth-first. Danny really didn't do all that much. I'm sure my brother and did far more stupid things rough-housing than that. We just had the sense to throw out are arms and turn our face away from the floor...

I can't see Danny being convicted for any intentional damage. Maybe negligence, but not intent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny is like 6' tall and he LAUNCHED Jonny. You throw anyone with their head aimed toward the floor from that height and they're going to get hurt, especially if he's not expecting it. Whether Danny intended to hurt him or not is irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't launch. Johnny barely cleared Danny's head. And he didn't throw him at the floor, he tossed him up in the air and Johnny gracelessly fell forward.

And Danny is short dude. He's no where near 6' tall. Steroid strong, but hardly tall. IMDB has him at 5'6".

Johnny fell about as far as someone would fall out of wrestling ring...something Johnny supposedly knows a little bit about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, 5'6", whatever. But Jonny was definitely dropped from at least 6' in the air. Watch the video again and notice how Danny uses his entire body - his arms, legs, and lower back - to throw him. IMO that clearly fits the term launch, meaning propel with force.

If Jonny landed a bit differently, he could've broken his neck and become a paraplegic. Seriously I don't even understand how you guys can defend Danny. If someone jumps on you playfully, it doesn't mean you can injure them.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:31 PM

Vid in OP didnt work for me, but found this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=UfGtmAoMWiw

Anyway, seems like Fairplay jumped on Bonaduce and Bonaduce reacted correctly in shoving him the [censored] off him.

All i know is Fairplay should be glad the guy turned to being a professional wrestler and not a professional boxer.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:38 PM

Even if it's basically a stranger, and he starts humping you, and he does it during an awards show with possibly millions watching it? I can't get him off me in the quickest way I can think of?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone jumps on you playfully, it doesn't mean you can injure them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone jumps on you, you shouldn't have to determine if it is playful or not.

I also can't believe you think it is ok to jump on other people.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone jumps on you, you shouldn't have to determine if it is playful or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

And hump them, especially when that other guy is Danny Freakin' Bonaduce. If you know anything about him, you know that he's a violent psycopath. To me, this just about screams: DO NOT JUMP ON HIM/ANGER HIM IN ANYWAY
Old 10-04-2007, 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Jonny landed a bit differently, he could've broken his neck and become a paraplegic. Seriously I don't even understand how you guys can defend Danny. If someone jumps on you playfully, it doesn't mean you can injure them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I could fall out of my chair and land wrong and be a paraplegic. Fearing that doesn't make duct taping myself to the chair a reasonable precaution though.

Johnny's ass was 6' off the ground, not his feet. Basketball players end up with their hips 6' off the ground and fall all over each other all the time and I'm not sure I've ever heard of one breaking his neck and becoming a quadraplegic (now football, that's another matter, but still rare).

Possible? Yes. Probably not much more likely than getting hit by lightning though.

A guy got jumped, he threw the other guy off him. Danny is a douche and, via negligence for being overzealous (throwing off vs shoving him away), may have some liability.

Johnny was an idiot for instigating physical contact. Doesn't mean I applaud it. I feel for the guy. You hate to get that much of a life bad beat for simple stupidity.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:08 PM

he definitely got hurt on the bad end of the spectrum for what happened to him, but what he did was dumb. bonaduce obviously hates the guy. if i were walking down the street and a stranger, or someone i hated, tried to do that to me i can't say i wouldn't flatten him.

let's say he didn't flip him over his head, lets say he pushed him forward hard, but somehow he still flipped around and hurt his face. still danny's fault? or did danny have to sit there and get body raped until fairplay decided he was done.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially so if after they jump on you, they start humping your face (face, chest whatever part of Bonaduce's body he started humping). That's sexual assault. In fact, given the video, Bonaduce could probably get charges pressed against Fairplay easier than the other way around.

I reply not knowing any of the history of/between these two characters