Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: no point in life?

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, last week I got offered my first flying job and I swear I have never been happier and now give absolutely zero [censored] about not finishing a degree.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm really sorry I didn't see this in time to include in my above post. This is the best example you could get. You made my day a little better (wasn't a bad day tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).
Old 10-29-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong. Why are those degrees a joke? I have an IT degree (something I think you consider "not a joke"), so I am being objective when talking about this. Somebody doing psych or sociology out of passion is just as entitled to $75k/year as anybody else

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no. First no one is "entitled to" anything and second market forces not "passion" dictate compensation. I could be the most "passionate" person in the world about clean dishes but no one is going to pay me $75k/year to be a dishwasher.

Also plenty of IT degrees are a joke (the vast majority of them actually) so it really depends on the specifics.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:25 PM

Pick up a book called value Averaging and work your ass off in your twenties!!! You have a ton of time and if you go to work every day feeling the same way then you obviously don't have a good plan set up for your future. If you really hate that job quit it and get another that you like but don't sit around keep the pressure on and make as much money as possible and invest it. You'll end up rich the the college kids will spend years paying off their student loans. I turned a job I made $13 an hour at into $47K dollars by time I was 22 years old. I worked my ass off, sometimes over 100 hours a week. Work work work in your 20's man!!! Stop mopeing and work as much as humanly possible and invest!!!

Now I tried a lot of things and at the age of 33 I'm basically starting over but in two dedicated years I have paid off all my debt and now have a decent amount banked and I'm ready to start getting back into the market again. If I would have not taken risks I would have been way ahead financially but not as wise personally. This time I'm going to try to do it mistake free if I can. You see you have plenty of time but you need to set yourself a goal and then go after it with some meaning behind it.

My goal is to be a millionaire when I retire restarting from 0 not even two months ago. When you get your debt paid off your feel a whole lot better. Do what ever you have to to speed up the process!!