Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Razz in SoCal

[ QUOTE ]
There's almost no way he's playing 20 seriously. Roc and Maria were the very first two people I saw when I walked into Commerce on Tuesday night and Maria wanted me to play her chips in 1/2 or come play the same game or something so I doubt Roc was playing lower than her. He was the benefactor of every single huge loss I've had lately as well so he was likely goofing around. He's been playing really well the past few weeks with none of his random huge guaranteed to not work spews.

If you will play 20/40 Crazy Mike will probably play you and not even look at his cards. And no I'm not kidding, he never looked at his cards before showdown when we played 20 Stud 8 HU on the day I mentioned where we had to wait for a certain player to show up.

*edit*
BTW I am trying to negotiate a weekly game in LA on the weekends and the few people I've talked to so far seem like they are willing, but we don't really have any desirable players that we can invite like we can in San Diego so I'm not sure how it will work out. If this game starts then BT will be pretty much guaranteed staples because they won't let us play those games in San Diego. Hopefully you play a lot worse than DD because I greedily almost never called him when we were starting a game as he is too frustrating to play against.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh I'm a lot worse than Death Donkey, don't you worry. The worst ever.

I'll drive out if we can get this rocking. I cant come every weekend, but at least 1x a month I can be there. Would be a blast to play with BT, aren't these stakes too low for him? 1/2 is like tiddlywinks.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll drive out if we can get this rocking. I cant come every weekend, but at least 1x a month I can be there. Would be a blast to play with BT, aren't these stakes too low for him? 1/2 is like tiddlywinks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well he was playing 20/40 razz on FTP on a regular basis a few months back, I guess in an effort to learn all games. Pretty much the equivalent of me playing 0.50/1 2-7 TD to get my feet wet at the game.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:50 PM

They used to spread a regular low limit razz game at Commerece, but stopped a couple-three years ago. I heard the reason it was stopped was due to cheating. I don't know if this is true, or why cheating/collusion was prevelant at the Razz table.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They used to spread a regular low limit razz game at Commerece, but stopped a couple-three years ago. I heard the reason it was stopped was due to cheating. I don't know if this is true, or why cheating/collusion was prevelant at the Razz table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheating was historically a significant problem for all lowball games, in fact even during the WSOP the lowball games are often where you find the most marked cards.

A well respected famous player that everyone here knows shared with me in confidence that excessive cheating and collusion was the reason why the Commerce lowball game ended. I cannot confirm this to be true, but I trust that he would be correct.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:32 PM

They have a 30/60 Lowball game at Commerce pretty regularly in my experience but I don't know what game you are talking about specifically.

As for getting the game going at the Bike, it is being a huge pain in the ass because Mike is telling me long stories about him being busy with a business venture and I'm telling him long stories about how I just want him to [censored] drive to LA to play poker. He has agreed that the game will go at some point though, so if you have any specific weekends in mind I am sure we could add Razz to whatever else we end up playing normally. I'm not really sure what the stakes would be but I will assume 75 or 80 unless everyone simultaneously robustos and we play higher.

Now I just have to find someone to play him HU to get him to LA this weekend and hopefully get the game off the ground, it should be pretty easy once I tell them the only way we get him into a full game is by getting him a HU match.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They have a 30/60 Lowball game at Commerce pretty regularly in my experience but I don't know what game you are talking about specifically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Razz specifically of course, classic draw lowball wont die in LA [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I won't play mixed games for stakes that high, but a straight razz game I'm down for.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:15 AM

TT, i will be in Vegas on oct 19 weekend and would be interested in trying to start a razz game up to 50-100. If we can mix O8 and/or holdem and/or fishes (other than me) I will go up to 100-200, since those are better games for me.

I probably won't play you heads up though any higher than 30-60, and would consider my loss in ev in that game the price for getting better.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:35 AM

I am in San Diego the 18th -20th, I'll see what i can do to get the game running if your still around when I get back.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:05 AM

Ty TT, I will be staying until the morning of the 22nd, so we should find a time and do it when you get back.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ty TT, I will be staying until the morning of the 22nd, so we should find a time and do it when you get back.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it! I'll try to dig up some players, it shouldn't be too hard with 3 weeks notice. You might be surprised who shows up at the table, most of the guys who I think will play at that level are rather well known old timers.