Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Razz in SoCal

[ QUOTE ]
Would love the action, but 30/60 is a little too high.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come to Vegas then and I'll give you 15/30 action, thats as low as I go though. I cant travel for that limit.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:49 PM

I wish I had posted this two weeks ago, was just in vegas and damn that roulette.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I had posted this two weeks ago, was just in vegas and damn that roulette.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get on a plane.... I am usually here (not this weekend, but usually). Send a PM when your ready.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
25 big bets is 1,500 in a 30/60 game. I'll come to LA to play 30/60 Razz with you two, or you can meet me in Vegas. Send me a PM if you want to set up a game, I'll give you action.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hear aba20 is dabbling in razz, maybe you could set something up with him in Santa Barbara?
Old 09-27-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
been looking in San Diego for a year.......

[/ QUOTE ]

We can start a game in San Diego almost anywhere assuming you will play high enough.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
been looking in San Diego for a year.......

[/ QUOTE ]

We can start a game in San Diego almost anywhere assuming you will play high enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

October 18th I am coming down to hang with Death Donkey for the night, I am free after I attend a party earlier in the evening. Lets make this happen.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:41 PM

boo to the 18th, I'll be at Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest>Razz?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:37 PM

For a Thursday you will probably have to play with Roc/DD if the game is to be straight Razz. Maria once said something along the lines of "blah blah blah except Razz" when we were trying to add Stud games. I honestly don't remember if she said she'd play any Stud game except Razz or if Razz was the only Stud game she'd play. If it is a mixed game then Crazy Mike can probably round up other people and then spring the fact that Razz will be in the mix on them when they get there. Be warned that Crazy Mike sucks at getting a game together because the only time it was his job instead of mine he forgot to call the key player to tell him what time we were starting so we had to wait a while.

As long as DD gets you in contact with Crazy Mike I would expect there is a good chance of the game happening.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:41 PM

DD wont play straight Razz, it drives him crazy. We played 15/30 Razz at the WSOP and he was the lag at the table, he gets too bored [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Will roc play Razz? hmmm.... tasty! Word on the street is he is playing 20/40 at Commerce this week (earlier thread in the strat forums I think).
Old 09-27-2007, 08:10 PM

There's almost no way he's playing 20 seriously. Roc and Maria were the very first two people I saw when I walked into Commerce on Tuesday night and Maria wanted me to play her chips in 1/2 or come play the same game or something so I doubt Roc was playing lower than her. He was the benefactor of every single huge loss I've had lately as well so he was likely goofing around. He's been playing really well the past few weeks with none of his random huge guaranteed to not work spews.

If you will play 20/40 Crazy Mike will probably play you and not even look at his cards. And no I'm not kidding, he never looked at his cards before showdown when we played 20 Stud 8 HU on the day I mentioned where we had to wait for a certain player to show up.

*edit*
BTW I am trying to negotiate a weekly game in LA on the weekends and the few people I've talked to so far seem like they are willing, but we don't really have any desirable players that we can invite like we can in San Diego so I'm not sure how it will work out. If this game starts then BT will be pretty much guaranteed staples because they won't let us play those games in San Diego. Hopefully you play a lot worse than DD because I greedily almost never called him when we were starting a game as he is too frustrating to play against.