Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: $11 early level playing AK too weakly??

I don't play AK for stacks this early unless I know I'm up against a retard.
But in this hand the size of his reraise preflop means "100% retard" so you can shove with impunity. You are a huge favorite here.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:21 PM

nh sir.

I wouldn't rely on villain having the same hand, the chances of him holding a similar strength AK have halved since you are holding the Ac, Kc. This makes the villains range much stronger.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:44 PM

How can he C-bet this??? Regardless if indeed you were suggesting to lead at this flop I don't like it OOP. It just doesn't make sense or look like any real hand. If someone leads this flop at me I think that they are real weak and will shove a large % of the time w' AK.

As played flop line for me c/f>>>crai>>>b/f

PF cases have been made for this level before if you had 1500 or so I would be more inclined to go for a limp. Stack sizes given I have no problem with raise call minraise line.

nh OP.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:09 PM

I like you line a lot....he has to be on a narrow range if you come in ealry and he repops you.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:52 AM

Ryot,

You are telling me that if you are in this situation with AA, KK, QQ and you see 2 diamonds on the board and all under cards you are not going to Cbet with potentially the best hand? A Cbet is consistent with high PP's, and though the odds are higher that the hero is holding AK as compared to AA, they are not so much so if you factor in the possibilites of AA, KK, QQ and potentially even JJ and TT. If I have one of these PP's OR AK (range that villian will have to consider), I am EITHER going to c/f if I don't want to put any more money into this pot, Cbet (if this is a tighter player and I need to figure out if I am facing a PP or I want to give him the opportunity to make a bad call) or CRAI if I have seen the player fold to large raises.

I think Cbetting is a very viable option, especially since we are considering that villian may also be on AK. If he is, unless we have determined he is very aggressive and will come over the top with some regularity, there is a good chance that the villain will be the one that is unable to call the bet rather than the hero. Again, if we think with any level of confidence that the villain also holds AK, the first one to bet will often win the pot.

Fammy
Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Never go broke with top pair early....I think that goes double for "top high card top kicker"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is easily some of the worst advice i've ever seen on 2p2.

Top Pair is golden in many situations 'early'. And 4betting AK AIPF is often a great strategy.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:22 PM

from experience, that min3bet PF is always a big pair begging for u to push.
AK either rerzs bigger/shoves to not play postflop.

i'd do the same (calling the rerz pf) looking for an A or K (if either flops, u have TPTK and less of a chance he holds AA-KK). if u dont hit check/fold. nh sir. save yer stack.

a 4bet shove isnt too bad of a play either. only really dead vs AA-KK but with u holding the AK it is a little less likely villians holding.

its the min3bet pf that scares me into your line.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:48 AM

Danny,

You don't think you will be able to outplay this guy later on? I would really consider this middle or late, but here, I have a little more confidence in my game (and I am not that great) that I am likely to find a better spot than this.

I still like the line as is.

Fammy
Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Danny,

You don't think you will be able to outplay this guy later on? I would really consider this middle or late, but here, I have a little more confidence in my game (and I am not that great) that I am likely to find a better spot than this.

I still like the line as is.

Fammy

[/ QUOTE ]

He means top pair not top high card. And when you are the aggressor and you flop top pair it's standard to get it in most of the time.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:35 AM

Hand 0: 51.649% 42.01% 09.64% 129480252 29710722.00 { AKs }
Hand 1: 48.351% 38.71% 09.64% 119313024 29710722.00 { TT+, AQs+, AQo+ }

Even if hes tight like this allin on flop and your ahead, and since its a stupid min raise and 11$ sng thats most likely a much wider range. I dont like playing AK post flop oop since here, so im allin preflop.