Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: HSP - Jamie Gold, I don\'t hate him anymore

Jamie is great entertainment and not a bad poker player either. Enjoyed watching him Monday night. He is funny and seems to enjoy life.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:45 AM

I am another one that never disliked him to begin with and even defended him a few times on 2+2 after the WSOP 2006 ME...

I really think he is totally misunderstood and about 10 big name pros have gone out of their way on camera to say that they think he is a good guy.

The internet is full of hateful trolls, nothing new.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:42 AM

He is bad at poker, and it was hysterical watching him play on this year's Main Event. He seemed baffled at why he was losing. It is really irritating to watch him play, and talk while he plays, even more irritating than Chris Moneymaker.

That being said, he is of course good for the game of poker as a whole. DUCY?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:09 PM

I saw Jamie Gold waiting at the Valet at the Venetian and I approached him and we had a lengthy conversation. The guy was one of the nicest people I'd ever talked to. He was all smiles and look genuinely interested in our conversation. He openly admits he's not great at poker and has alot to learn, he may come off cocky at times but the guy is a super nice guy. Give him a break.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:37 PM

better than jerry yang imho
Old 09-19-2007, 05:13 PM

I still see that fist-pumping, arm-raising, open-mouthed luckbox winning hand after hand... and it still makes me nauseous.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:16 PM

You're right on the money there. The haters and jealous freaks out there are pitiful! Try to be sweet, whydontcha? I do believe I would not want to trade places with any of those guys. The new guys on HSP really take a beating and not many seem to realize that the show only portrays the "entertaining" parts. They can make them look any way they want by editing. We also don't know what goes on behind the scenes that causes certain people to respond the way they do. It's still been fun and I think those guys are are worth a "mil" to watch. Personally, I probably wouldn't hang out with any of them. I have my own GRID, thank you! Oh....and I love Daniel and Jamie and Mikey and all of the new guys so far! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]I love it all....the good, the bad and the ugly.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:19 PM

No amount of editing can erase Gold acting like a preening, self-congratulatory luckbox after winning EVERY SINGLE HAND. (Yippee mom.. I busted another one with the worst hand and another miracle card!)
Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 PM

He did some stuff during his Main Event run that were very douchey and also innapropriate. In the times I've seen him since then, he hasn't been nearly as bad. Although, watching him in this year's ME was annoying at times as he pissed and moaned when his mediocre hands wouldn't flop the absolute joint. It's like he didn't understand that this is what poker is going to be like the next 499 times out of 500.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:39 PM

I enjoyed not seeing him celebrating. He plays way, way too many hands and goes too far with them.. kind of like a calling station with a capacity for bluffing (away all his chips, that is). It was like, "I'm Jamie Gold, and I'm going to turn this stack into a mountain starting right NOW." Um, not..