Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 09-02-2007, 02:27 AM

Default Interesting River Decision w/ AT

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Villain is running 49/7/3.6, I just sat down at the table about 20 hnds ago, so no real hands of note.

I was thinking value town with my bet on the river, but raises like this generally mean strength here.

Do we play the hand different from the flop on, by c-bet, and then what is our line on the river?
SB: $28.45
BB: $25.00
UTG: $35.25
MP: $32.65
Hero (CO): $24.65
BTN: $17.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN calls $1.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($2.35) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.45</font>, BTN calls $1.45

River: ($5.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.20</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7.00</font>, Hero??
Old 09-02-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Interesting River Decision w/ AT

I cbet flop, and c/c turn, and fold river.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:25 AM

please bet the flop what are you waiting for, him to move you off the hand? c/c turn fold river.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
please bet the flop what are you waiting for, him to move you off the hand? c/c turn fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]
you dont have to cbet 100% of the time
Old 09-02-2007, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not c-betting this flop is pretty neutral, and more about pot control OOP for me here.

I have 2nd pair on a drawy board OOP vs a passive player. I could easily have him crushed w/2nd pair here, but I don't get value from him by c-betting and getting him to fold hands i beat.

Checking this flop OOP gives me a smaller more manageable pot on the turn, and should make decisions easier for us with regards to the hand.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:40 AM

I understand that, I am still betting here
Old 09-02-2007, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you dont have to cbet 100% of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't but in this case I bet it 100% of the time
Old 09-02-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not c-betting this flop is pretty neutral, and more about pot control OOP for me here.

I have 2nd pair on a drawy board OOP vs a passive player. I could easily have him crushed w/2nd pair here, but I don't get value from him by c-betting and getting him to fold hands i beat.

Checking this flop OOP gives me a smaller more manageable pot on the turn, and should make decisions easier for us with regards to the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this. I think you do get value from him, the guy judging by his stats will call with bottom pair and lots of draws. Checking to him also gives him the initiative, he could be betting because you looked weak, he may bet draw, he may bet big hand. Betting helps define his hand a bit more.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a drawy board which is exactly why I cbet it for value 100% of the time. c/c turn (if blank), fold river.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a drawy board which is exactly why I cbet it for value 100% of the time. c/c turn (if blank), fold river.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you getting value from? Betting the flop and then just shutting down to any bets at all is standard, exploitable hudbot poker, not that good.