Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 08-28-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Need Tips - Workout Advice for a Girl

Check it out:

http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/index.php
Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"This might help a bit. Some of the girls I find someone gross and could stand to fatten up a good bit, but the vast majority look fine out of contest shape (mostly just fitness bunnies, the BB girls look like trash year round)."

i agree, a lot of the chicks are kind of nasty when they are in contest shape...i don't need to see the veins on your abs...but most of the out of contest pics are really hot...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hot

Not hot

Old 08-28-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Read the FAQ. Do starting strength.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you even read the OP?

Example A.
Target Audience
The exact intended target audience of the book Starting Strength is the coach of pubescent/teenage kids who want to get bigger and stronger, frequently for a sport.

Example B.
The Main Exercises
*****1. The Squat
*****2. The Bench Press
*****3. The Deadlift
*****4. The Power Clean
*****5. The Press
*****6. The Row

Starting Strength, not exactly a workout designed for a woman is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I did read it in passing. In fact, I usually write the same answer for almost every question I respond to. Inevitably no one who has any idea what I'm talking about corrects me. Is that a coincidence? I think not.

Side note: I like how FFK posts a thread and it has a million responses. Though I spent the better part of the day deriding the fat/ugly/poor. So maybe I should contribute to the betterment of everyone.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:54 PM

I think the second girl is still pretty attractive, a little muscular, but certainly not excessively so. Fwiw, this is about my ideal physique for a girl.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chair, you are really off base here...those are the kinds of exercises that she needs to be doing...

a standard women in the gym routine looks like this...

5lb dumbbell - 3x50 tricep extensions
5lb dumbbell - 3x50 bicep curls etc...

most women in gyms make no progress and are fat...

WOMEN NEED THE SAME TYPES OF PROGRAMS AS MEN...compound movements with a weight that challenges them for the specified amount of reps/sets...

[/ QUOTE ]

thirddan,

I've got no problem with a woman doing compound movements...and I see your point. I guess I was just kind of grossed out by the image in my mind of my gf dead lifting 200lbs...lol.

Anyways, the main point of the OP was for recommendations on a workout that can be done at home, with minimal equipment (dumbbells).
Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 PM

Goose,

I think thats suppose to be a walking around photo though (or atleast to give the image as such) and not one in comp. Theres a couple others where I wasn't terribly excited. In comp I'm sure its pretty brutal. I don't think most girls hit the gym and are like "I want to look like her."

Jamie Eason is amazing.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

I've never posted in this forum before. I'm hoping some of you guys can give me advice. Size-wise, I'm small enough - let's say goal weight, and I'm pretty short as well, 5'3. I'm interested in becoming stronger, for two main reasons: to look better naked and to burn more calories. I also just want to be healthier and have more endurance in general. Here's the problem: I have a horrible, profound anxiety of going to gyms or otherwise working out around strangers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, lots of people in this forum like to post before and after pictures - it can really help with motivation [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Seriously though, I've picked up the book "Never Gymless" from this site and I've really enjoyed it. It teaches you a ton of bodyweight exercises and shows you some that you can do with minimal equipment. Fitness bands can be a nice thing to pick up and are used a ton in the book I recommended. There is even a suggested routine that can help if you are clueless on how to set one up yourself. Anyway, I've been following the program in the book and have used my spare bedroom as a gym and I've been very pleased with the results so far.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:13 PM

do alot of pilates/yoga and run.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:19 PM

I think I'm going to find a girl when school starts up again and get her to come to the gym with me every time I go. I'd have her doing the same workouts as me, and wouldn't be too worried about her getting too big. Of course I wouldn't want her taking in 4000cals a day either, but a body composition change is nice.

This is my project for the new school year, TR sometime in the future to follow.

FFK,

You can do just about any kind of exercise, just don't eat too much (make sure you get enough protein though) and you'll tone up, not bulk up. I eagerly await some after pics [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 PM

goose:

i think that girl is a bit too fit

this is ideal (yes i know butterface w/e)