Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 08-01-2007, 07:44 PM

Default .25/.5$ harder than .5/1??

Hi guys,
If have recently moved from stars to full tilt and was aghast, at how much harder the games there were (specially aggression wise, but prolly I just suck). What I found most interesting is, that the games of .25/.5 were IMO more difficult to play than the .5/1. I know it sounds stupid, though someone said in some thread (not sure which one),, that the .5/1 and 1/2 levels are easiest to beat online. Thoughts on that?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: .25/.5$ harder than .5/1??

I haven't played them in a while, but that doesn't make much sense. The lowest stakes at Full Tilt are .25/.50, while PokerStars' lowest stakes are .02/.04.

I personally remember being .25/.50 to be much easier than .5/1, though that was a while ago. It could be that Full Tilt is simply a tougher place to play than Pokerstars. More likely, you are picking tougher games which are not representative of the .25/.50 levels you are used to.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are picking tougher games which are not representative of the .25/.50 levels you are used to.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very possible, because I normally choose the seat by saw flop% and avg. pot size, which is funnilyenough normally higher with the .5/1. Thats why I asked [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 05:51 AM

It can be, this is the case on ipoker and partypoker. At lower stakes people are seriously trying to build their roll while GAMBLER who have no clue will deposit 600 and take a shot at highher stakes, ie nl200+

But I gotta agree, FTP is by far the tightest site I ever played on, heard UB is that tight as well.

Lowest stakes on FTP are .1/.25
Old 08-02-2007, 08:21 AM

Well honestly on PS I found .5/1 to be much easier than .25/.5, but thats probably because I suck or something [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 11:00 AM

Lowest stakes on ftp is .05/.10
Old 08-02-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys,
If have recently moved from stars to full tilt and was aghast, at how much harder the games there were (specially aggression wise, but prolly I just suck). What I found most interesting is, that the games of .25/.5 were IMO more difficult to play than the .5/1. I know it sounds stupid, though someone said in some thread (not sure which one),, that the .5/1 and 1/2 levels are easiest to beat online. Thoughts on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

More Euros on PS. That makes it more easy then FTP. Not bashing Euros as bad players its just that with the "new" legislation you tend to get more new players that are international then you do from the states. It seems to me that FTP is more of an "American" site and your not getting a rapid influx of new players like you are on PS. Also the Euro is strong vs the Dollar which attributes to it as well.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:15 AM

I THINK ITS REAL SIMPLE. GO TO LIKE 5/10$ NL. YOU [censored] PLAY TO SMALL.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

More Euros on PS. That makes it more easy then FTP. Not bashing Euros as bad players its just that with the "new" legislation you tend to get more new players that are international then you do from the states. It seems to me that FTP is more of an "American" site and your not getting a rapid influx of new players like you are on PS. Also the Euro is strong vs the Dollar which attributes to it as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also a stylistic difference between bad American players and bad Euro players, especially the Scandanavians. A bad American will lose money, but a bad Scandanavian will shovel it at you. The classic example is an OnGame player I ran into a couple of years ago that kept bluff-capping the river on missed draws. The American equivalent would check behind with the second nuts. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2007, 08:20 PM

good joke?