Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 PM

Default NL 25: Is this a Fold on the Flop?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $14.75
BB: $14.35
UTG: $48.55
MP: $24.30
CO: $32.00
Hero (BTN): $26.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.00, <font color="red">CO raises to $2.25</font>, Hero calls $1.00, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($6.85) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $11.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $23.85 ($0.90 Rake)

Villain is 57/20/0.92/167.

Edit: I mean is this a fold to his donkbet, obv I folded to the min 3-bet... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-01-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: NL 25: Is this a Fold on the Flop?

After the limp, reraise preflop, I fold this on the flop when the villain bets. If I knew the villain was really tight, I might even fold the AQ preflop after the reraise.

At these stakes, what he did with the limp, reraise perflop usually means either a big pair or AK. If he has AK and you call his raise on the flop and an A comes on the turn you are in even more trouble.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:24 PM

Given all the action thus far, I don't like the flop raise. He's giving you such a good price and has goofy enough stats that I'd definitely call that flop bet though and hope to spike an A or Q. If I do hit one of those cards I'm probably going to stack off with it against this guy.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Although villain may not be paying attention to this, but what are you calling a minimum re-raise with preflop and raising the flop with? If you have a big hand ur not just going to call the raise; you're going to 4bet preflop, while if you have a hand with good showdown value, you're just going to be calling his flop bet.

Applying this type of thinking against idiot villains probably isn't smart, but I don't know what hand you're trying to represent...99? 7x? raising for value on a relatively dry board with a person left to act? Your line doesn't represent much.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Limp/RR screams out monster to me, especially since it's a min-raise. I hate the flop raise. Calling isn't terrible since it's such a tiny bet, but honestly, is folding the best hand in this spot (once in awhile when this isn't a monster) really such a bad thing?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:04 AM

Ty to all for advice.

Bobn - I think you make an excellent point about how my hand looks to an observant oppponent. Regardless of whether we can give this villain credit for paying attention or not, the only hands that make sense once I call the re-raise pre are small/mid pairs (I would prob raise the open-limper w/ 22-TT and call the CO minraise if I had a read where I didn't expect the BB to come over the top), or a bluff.

Something w/ S/D value like 88 or TT would prob call the Flop raise and try to keep the pot small. The only hand w/ a 7 in it that I could possibly have is 77 which is highly unlikely when there are two 7's out there already. So whether I have 22-66 or Ax I'm really obv on a bluff here, unless I happen to have 99 and am playing it fast.

I hate getting donked into in RR pots - to a standard Flop bet I am folding here every time. I have gotten into a bad habit of making assumptions based on donkbet sizes without having any evidence or justification. I see a minraise preflop and a $1 bet into a $6 pot on the Flop and I immediately think "this person is awful, these bet sizes make no sense." So I try to strongarm them out of the hand. The problem is I completely forget about the image I have projected and the story I have told so far in the hand, and my raises often do not fit any rational line up to that point.

N-Eways....thx
Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 AM

When someone limp-reraises at this level, the chances of them folding after the flop are about 0.