Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: tough turn spot w/ small str8 vs tournament professional

[ QUOTE ]
i have no idea how ph plays and i dont see how this is ever nuts/air in a hu 100bb ring game.

[/ QUOTE ]

word.

whats his sn, btw? is it just his name?
Old 07-21-2007, 10:16 AM

i cant imagine him showing up with a worse hand than 10-9 here ever, and if he's been playing passive he probably has the nuts. A tough player might make this play on a bluff because he knows you won't have QJ here enough of the time but I don't think that's what phil is thinking. But you would know best.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:53 AM

i really don't see how we're getting away from this especially HU... if you are that worried about JQ or J7 idk i guess just call and check river and see what he does... but i think i'm pushing this
Old 07-21-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im not sure how Hellmuth plays cash other than bad, but if he plays similar to tournies, which I suspect, he wouldnt be 3 betting TTT or two pair or a combo draw on this turn. He seems to love outplaying his opponent and leaving all the main decision for the river so that leads me to think he would be calling trips and two pairs and combo draws when you CR instead of 3 betting them. So this makes me think he has air or nothing , but given your lack of CRing so far, it would be a really really stupid spot to 4 bet with air or one pair as a total bluff. I think i can let this go.

[/ QUOTE ]

If hellmuth can make u fold a straight when he has air or nothing, he truly is a poker god
Old 07-21-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have no idea how ph plays and i dont see how this is ever nuts/air in a hu 100bb ring game.

[/ QUOTE ]

word.

whats his sn, btw? is it just his name?

[/ QUOTE ]
if it's on UB, I'm pretty sure it's just his name. Also, has anyone considered the possibility that it's not Phil playing the account? I think that possibility alone is enough to shove it in here.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:14 PM

i think that 9 is the worst card for you once he 3-bets your turn c/r.. i also said insta shove when i read it but i am more inclined now to say fold
Old 07-21-2007, 02:49 PM

wait...did you stack off with 100bb with second pair ok kicker and now we have a low straight with no flush or pair and we are scared? you set this up with your previous stack off and being an ''internet player''...folding here is awful. shove in two pair or a set or ahigher straight call you, and you are losing equity when many scare cards roll off on the river. if he has air I doubt he follows thru on river given his reputation or ur read. folding this against a livepro who doesn't respect internet players is miserable.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im sorry, were you actually considering folding? the only better spot than this is probably ariel in a chinese game

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHAHA.

but seriously stass, does he run bad or does he suck? Empirical evidence points to the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

open challenge to Strasser or Ahnuld: HU Chinese session. Pick a price (min. $100 a point) and I'll fly out to play you. We play minimum 10 hours. I run so damn bad @ Chinese.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how are you even considering folding?

[/ QUOTE ]bc i doubt hes bluffing and im not sure hed raise a worse hand 4 value
Old 07-21-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wait...did you stack off with 100bb with second pair ok kicker and now we have a low straight with no flush or pair and we are scared? you set this up with your previous stack off and being an ''internet player''...folding here is awful. shove in two pair or a set or ahigher straight call you, and you are losing equity when many scare cards roll off on the river. if he has air I doubt he follows thru on river given his reputation or ur read. folding this against a livepro who doesn't respect internet players is miserable.

[/ QUOTE ]