Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: $27-TT-bubble

[ QUOTE ]
With 1510 in your stack i generally like to get the money in 1st instead of calling off your stack, but TT here with good odds against a coinflip which your most likely up against... I call and gamble in most spots like this, definately a leak in my game though

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-17-2007, 11:20 AM

Not a leak IMO. TT is strong in this situation, your FE vs. BB is decent, winning this coinflip puts you in good position for first, and your stack is tiny... how likely is it you hit a better hand than this if big stack keeps pwning and will call anything you push anyways?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:20 PM

For me this is pretty read dependent.

1. Why is button min-raising? Is he trying to disguise a big hand or is he the kind of player who min-raises in this spot when he isn't feeling confident enough about his hand to risk all his chips, and is really hoping everyone just folds to his min-raise, but if they dont he will see a flop and hope something good happens.

2. Is big stack the kind of player who will have thought about 1, and is it likely that big stack has come to the conclusion that button is weak and can be blown off his hand by facing an all-in bet.

I would only have these reads if for some reason I had the time to pay attention to their play during tourney and particularly at bubble. Absent any reads, with this action I would default to the assumption that button raise was weak and that big stack's push would be made with a wide enough range of hands to make the call profitable. I would call, expect button to fold, and expect on balance to be looking at no better than Overcard-X from big stack, and quite possibly an underpair.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:22 PM

I would call and expect the button to fold here. When button minraises then SB shoves and we call i think the button is folding most times, unless he has a real hand here and expect us to be ahead and probably flipping against the SB.

If we expect the button to fold once we call then we have some more dead money in the flop and I would be happy to flip a coin here against SB's most probable range.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 PM

Why should btn fold here, if you call all in?

He most likely has a decent hand, and he has you out chipped. You have to win over both the big stack and the button for him to bubble.

I would call with any hand, I would raise with in this spot.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:58 PM

very interesting hand, My general feeling before reading the responces would be totally re dependent if the button is your typical donk u have to call here cause the sb has any 2 most likely