UTG: t1310
UTG+1: t1900
MP1: t1335
MP2: t1715
CO: t3475
Hero: t1015
SB: t1280
BB: t1470

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to t90</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls t90 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t135)</font>, 2 folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t225, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets t90</font>, Hero?<font color="aaaaaa">
Old 07-17-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: $27-AQs-what to do with so many draws

seriously consider raising 2x-3x, to build a pot if he should call and then you hit, also you can see a free card on the river if he checks and you choose not to bet the turn if you miss. Or you could call on the flop, you are in position after all and you can get more information by his action on the turn. You are definetly committed to this pot at this point
Old 07-17-2007, 02:34 AM

Raise obviously, but the trick is to figure out the "optimal" bet size. You should raise large enough to get him to fold a marginal one-pair type hand, but not too large that you have no fold equity on the turn if he calls.

With that said, a raise to t350 should be good and will take the pot down most of the time. If not, the pot will be t925 on the turn and your remaining stack of t575 should put a lot of pressure on him.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 AM

Problem is, you have a maximum of 14 outs to the nuts, and if he has JQ and puts you on a flush draw, he may push and leave you saying i wish i would have just called. At 15/30 I call, maybe min raise to probe for qj, but thats probably not a good idea. 75/150 I may raise, but not this early in the tourney. Also this def. has to do with your read on villain, and his range. AK is at least calling, KQ, maybe KJs, not to mention QQ and JJ.....AJ could be a likely holding......
Okay so the A.D.D. kicked in...what happened?
Old 07-17-2007, 06:13 AM

I like a raise here, I'd make it 300 to go. Should get the crap out.

Ryan
Old 07-17-2007, 07:24 AM

Very weak continuation bet, suggests extreme strength or very weak. Since hes raising from UTG+1, I give less credit to JQ, though i see this raise when suited occasionally. This looks the most like JJ scared of coordinated flop with K, 88/77 just betting cause he feels hes sposed to, or AQ/AJ making a blocker bet and hoping you fold. Some credit to AK/KQ, though i think those bet this flop harder to get you out while hes likely ahead. Possible big holdings are KK/TT/99, and as said some but not much credit for JQ. Due to how coordinated this flop is though, I dont think hes that strong, though i dont rule it out.

I agree with most respondents, raise an amount that gets all the garbage out. I think ~300 is good, theres a psychological factor in seeing a raise of 200+ compared to 180. This commits you, but theres VERY few hands youre far enough behind to here.

If you get called, i put him on KQ/AK and probably take the free card on turn. It sucks being at 700 chips but thats an easy double and its only 2nd level. Also, his call range is slim so theres a good chance he'll hold a hand he shouldnt that is still ahead of you going to river, such as KQ or even a stubborn QQ/JJ.