Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 05:50 PM

Default A few Venetian questions

My dad liked his Father's Day present last year of a trip to Vegas so we are going again this year...going this weekend in fact; but my mom, aunt, and two teenage cousins are coming as well. I go almost every month, but it's an altogether different scene with family..so I get to be a complete tourist for the weekend.

Three questions for you Vegas experts:

1) Can someone recommend a good restaurant at Venetian? My dad and I have already seen Blue Man Group, but the other four haven't seen, so we will be at Venetian Sunday night. Good restuarant for 6 that isn't Grand Lux Cafe and that isn't mega expensive or ultra dress code-y.

2) Does Venetian still spread 2/4 limit?

3) How often has the 10/20NL been spreading back there? I was in Vegas for 2 weeks starting June 1, but didn't play Venetian much...mostly Wynn and Bellagio and some Rio ridiculousness.

P.S. I hear Circus Circus has fun games..any truth to this?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: A few Venetian questions

Restaurant: Postrio, upstairs in the shops area. If you want a more casual atmosphere, specifically ask to be seated out on the patio (it's an indoor patio). They serve only a subset of the full menu out on the patio but it's still very good.

The Postrio patio rocks for casual atmosphere, people watching, and good food.

Depending on how good you are at asking, bribing, or otherwise convincing people to bend the rules, you can sometimes get them to serve a dish off the full menu out on the patio too (the patio menu is fine, but the full menu has more choices that you might want to try).
Old 06-25-2007, 06:40 PM

This weekend I had excellent meals at Zeffrino's and at Bouchon. Both are fairly pricy with entrees in the 25-40 range.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:04 PM

Postrio is a Wolfgang Puck place, so if you dig that sort of foofoo food, it's good. If you just like food that tastes good, it's meh. I've eaten at Lutece there and Valentino and to be honest, I like Grand Lux better than both of them.

No 2/4.

Big limit NL is pretty active, even last night (Sunday) but who knows how long it will last.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:30 PM

10/20 got started somewhat late on Friday night; on Saturday and Sunday there was 50/100 but nothing between that and 5/10
Old 06-27-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Restaurant: Postrio, upstairs in the shops area. If you want a more casual atmosphere, specifically ask to be seated out on the patio (it's an indoor patio). They serve only a subset of the full menu out on the patio but it's still very good.

The Postrio patio rocks for casual atmosphere, people watching, and good food.

Depending on how good you are at asking, bribing, or otherwise convincing people to bend the rules, you can sometimes get them to serve a dish off the full menu out on the patio too (the patio menu is fine, but the full menu has more choices that you might want to try).

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Postrio Italian food?