Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses

Old 06-13-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Hollywood Poker botched promotion, THEN MAKES GOOD!

Hollywood Poker is currently running a promotion on the weekends called "Flush Frenzy". Here is the text from their web site:

----------
Hollywood Poker's Top Set Pay Day and Quad Aces & Faces promotions run Mondays and Wednesdays and players have been striking it lucky, catching hands and getting richer! Now, Hollywood Poker is adding yet another great promotion to its table game lineup with the addition of Flush Frenzy!. Catch a Flush on the Weekend to win huge at Hollywood Poker's Cash games! Between Saturday at 7am EST and Sunday night at 11.59pm EST, you can win by landing a flush!

Catch an Ace high Flush and you'll win 5x the Big Blind, up to $100!
A Straight Flush will land you 50x the Big Blind, up to a massive $1000!
Get a Royal Flush and you're laughing. It's 150x the Big Blind, up to an unbelievable $5000!
It all starts this weekend! Take a seat in any Hold'Em game, land a flush and reap the reward. It's that simple and it's only at Hollywood Poker!
----------

Sounds great, doesn't it? You'd think there'd be some kind of hole card requirement, but there is no mention of any such thing anywhere on their website. That seemed odd, so two weeks ago I asked their lobby support specifically about hole card requirements, and was told there weren't any.

So the first weekend I claimed 2 bonuses, and was paid for them without problems. This past weekend I made 3 claims, 1 was paid and 2 were denied. I was told that for the Ace-high flush, you had to have TWO spades in your own hand, AND the Ace had to be one of them. I pointed out to them that they don't mention that anywhere in the email they sent out, nor on their website. They have admitted their error, but steadfastly refuse to pay the $20 I am owed. Instead, they have given me a "a free $10+$1 Michael Woods Celebrity Invitational tournament ticket".

I have all of the emails we have sent back and forth, and would be happy to post them is anybody wants me to, but it will be quite long!

Wasn't there an OnGame ombudsman that was posting here? For the life of me, I can't find any of their posts now.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker refuses to live up to their promotional T&Cs

you probably know that the ticked you got was a stalling tactic only. they obviously noticed the ev of the bonus for them and started to try to scam uninformed players. just keep emailing them until you get what you are promised. and shouldn't there be a HWP rep here too? won't probably take long before you get credited when they see this.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you probably know that the ticked you got was a stalling tactic only. they obviously noticed the ev of the bonus for them and started to try to scam uninformed players. just keep emailing them until you get what you are promised. and shouldn't there be a HWP rep here too? won't probably take long before you get credited when they see this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm at about 5 emails, and getting nowhere. It really couldn't be more clear that I'm in the right, yet they refuse to budge. I'm going to see if I can get this moved up the chain somehow. I've posted this over at BW as well, since they're my affiliate.

If anyone here can point me in the direction of someone a little higher up at Hollywood, or that ombundsman, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was told that for the Ace-high flush, you had to have TWO spades in your own hand, AND the Ace had to be one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean that they are only paying out on SPADE flushes, or that they are only paying out on flushes that were made with an ace and a card of the same suit in your hole, no matter the suit?

Also, boo at them for having a promotion and reneging on the deal later on. With this and the possible connection to Tower and their spamming, I feel less and less inclined to play there any longer.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was told that for the Ace-high flush, you had to have TWO spades in your own hand, AND the Ace had to be one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean that they are only paying out on SPADE flushes, or that they are only paying out on flushes that were made with an ace and a card of the same suit in your hole, no matter the suit?

Also, boo at them for having a promotion and reneging on the deal later on. With this and the possible connection to Tower and their spamming, I feel less and less inclined to play there any longer.

[/ QUOTE ]
ACK! Did I actually write that?

No, I don't know what got "Spade" into my head this morning. The hole cards must be part of the flush, and the Ace must be one of those hole cards. Suit is irrelevant, it can be a flush of any suit. Sorry!

Just got a new promotion email from them, linking to the same page, but they finally put a link at the bottom to T&C's which now include this requirement.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:40 AM

Hehe, I figured it was a flub, because it seemed so ridiculous. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2007, 04:48 AM

I saw the 'new' conditions mentioned in the lobby by support last weekend. The str8 flush has conditions too but i don't remember them. Why is it so hard for them to just get the T&Cs right first time and make everything official? It would be easier for them as well as us.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got a new promotion email from them, linking to the same page, but they finally put a link at the bottom to T&C's which now include this requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]
dont let them get off without paying for last weekends hands tho just cos they managed to fix the T&Cs after the fact.

it really was too good to be true tho in all fairness. I got paid for an A high flush on the first weekend when i had none of the suit in my hand [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

im in pissy sorta humour with the support there anyway so im not one bit surprised that they cant find it within themselves to just go and pay the bonus according to the T&Cs in force at the time.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:43 PM

After the first week-end, I knew T&C was different now. I don't know where I saw this, but I knew it.

By the way, it doesn't mean you are wrong about your case.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:20 PM

Hi Bobo Fett,

Sorry I've taken so long to reply to this thread (I don't read enough 2+2) [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm the current promotions manager at HollywoodPoker, and I would like to rectify this situation with you.

If you PM me with your username on HollywoodPoker I will email you at the email attached to your account and will solve this issue.

Regards,
- Mike