Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 03-23-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 3 Handed Game Hand Against The Grinder

the funny thing is, i do things like that ever 5000 hands or so. if its going to get me this much extra action every time i have a big hand then its an even better play than i thought
Old 03-23-2007, 01:33 PM

Qh on the river is damn scary, but i cant see it changing how you play it. You ultimately make the decision to call down on the turn, and the Qh just makes you feel a bit worse about it.

The Queen of hearts did not hit on the river. OP put villian on having Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or possibly a set.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Continuation

I just called and after the river Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I donk bet the river. He folded showing me 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
He knew I had the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so the only way to win another big bet was to 5 bet the turn, 4:1 favorite, with the risk of paring the board.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:02 AM

Mike 'The Donkamentor' Mizrachi

I love how in his interview on HSP he says 'i been grinding out the cash games for years' this guy is a srsly a joke imo.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:38 AM

i know i would keep the petal to the metal. if he raises the river i prolly just call if i didnt read this thread but after hearing you guys talk about how ridiculous he plays i suppose bet/3 bet would be in order.

i definitely 3 bet pre though. that is not one of the rare occasions im going to just call a steal raise from the sb.

Did mizrachi always play this bad, or has his success skrewed him up. i read an interview where he commented that he plays like a maniac in tournaments and not so in cash games and maybe all that maniacal success went to his head. or maybe he's just stupid?

matty
Old 03-29-2007, 10:32 AM

im also curioius about the preflop decision. for awhile i was leaning more toward the 3bet or fold school, but now im confused after watching sucker's new video, which suggests that simply cold calling is often appropriate with marginal hands (ie 87s, and even j10o, in one example).

seems most here on 2plus2 lean toward 3bet/fold in most situations. true? saw schneids and baronzeus in this thread- what do you guys think about sucker's advice? what situations if any, would lead you to just call a raise in the sb? any good, recent threads addressing this (ive already read the old ones)?
Old 03-29-2007, 04:08 PM

I coldcall sometimes now preflop in the sb after watching that video but I still don't do it a lot. It's generally in live games only against fish and when I have a sooted connected sort of hand. Against nonretards that are aware this video exists I feel like calling in sb turns the texture of my hand faceup, and I don't want to start calling with stronger hands to mix it up. With KJo I think it's a pretty easy threebet, I actually didn't notice you had coldcalled preflop.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:24 PM

With KJo I think it's a pretty easy threebet, I actually didn't notice you had coldcalled preflop.

Remember what I said, a very aggresive player is in the BB and 3 bets most of the time. If the buttom has a good hand I don't like to play this hand out of position for 4 bets specially if I miss the flop. The main reason to just call in general is to lose the minimum if I miss the flop and to win the max if I hit.