Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 03-20-2007, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods is very Accomodating

[ QUOTE ]
but I guess Im just an [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd have to agree here.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:59 AM

i was there this past weekend talking to a buddy of mine who was first on the list for the 4/8 holdem (there were like 25 people on the list). he was playing the 1/2 nl while he waited for his limit seat to open up. his name/initials on the wait list are pretty unique and i am pretty sure you can't duplicate initials on the list anyway when you are getting on it. anyway they call his name and within 3 seconds some guy yells out "LOCK IT UP" and runs over there, and they lock it up for him. my friend just laughed. i walked over later and asked the guy if he was on the list and he started mumbling a lot and looking away. what can you do? there don't seem to be many floorpeople and some seem a fair bit less competent/with it than others. that being said some people will always be sneaky/cut in line/yadda yadda and there's nothing to be done.

end random story/rant.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:05 AM

As far as signing up and locking up the seats they have been making you show an I.D. with something that shows ur initials or name. About a month or so ago there was a fight over a seat that one person said was his name and the other said the same. I didnt pay enough attention to the outcome but since that time on very busy days and weekends they require u to show an idea of some sort to prove ur that you that person to avoid people stealing seats.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:15 AM

At either of the big AC rooms, I've seen the same issue happen with moving from one part of the room to another. More than once I've seen (happened to me once, and then I learned) people rack up for a new game that was called and the new game doesn't go..and then they're out the old seat.

My standard practice is to go investigate the new seat that I'm called for with my player card - use that to lock it up and then go claim my chips from the original game.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was there this past weekend talking to a buddy of mine who was first on the list for the 4/8 holdem (there were like 25 people on the list). he was playing the 1/2 nl while he waited for his limit seat to open up. his name/initials on the wait list are pretty unique and i am pretty sure you can't duplicate initials on the list anyway when you are getting on it. anyway they call his name and within 3 seconds some guy yells out "LOCK IT UP" and runs over there, and they lock it up for him. my friend just laughed. i walked over later and asked the guy if he was on the list and he started mumbling a lot and looking away. what can you do? there don't seem to be many floorpeople and some seem a fair bit less competent/with it than others. that being said some people will always be sneaky/cut in line/yadda yadda and there's nothing to be done.

end random story/rant.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah if his initials were the same as his ID, shoulda just showed them his ID.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:43 PM

Skip the pizza next time.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:35 PM

yah I'v alway's hand them my Wompon Card
thoe There is anouther Guy there that use's Simuler Inital's as mine.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am pretty sure you can't duplicate initials on the list anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they can. I know because I almost mistakenly stole someones seat a couple of weekends ago. I had one of my friends throw me on the list while I went to get breakfast. I come in to the room, look at the list and am like "nice I'm 3rd." I get called. Lock it up and then this other guy comes over and says it's his seat. Mild drama ensues. In which we both have to show ID. We have the exact same initials. It's his seat though. I'm 23 on the list as it happens (they only show 20 on the board). Turned out good though. I took $500 out of the NL and O/8 games during my 4 hour wait for a seat at 10/20.