Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 03-10-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Hi

Welcome guys!

(welcome back for some [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 03-10-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly this is a case of someone trying to push some buttons and thus an AC vs State debate should be fair game here.

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone is trying to push buttons like this I would suggest leaving it alone. They don't have an actual question, so why debate someone that is just looking for a fight?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ACers a request.

I have a request for those of you who frequently start threads showing examples of where you believe the state is over stepping its bounds, taking away freedom, driving out business, etc in an effort to demonstrate why you hold your political beliefs. these posts are perfectly acceptable and well within the realm of political discussion

however my request is that neilso or someone else could create one thread where you then post these examples from the news and have the general debate about the merits of Acism instead of creating a bunch of separate threads.

as the thread grows and becomes too burdensome just let me or another mod know, and you can create another.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

There as many or more threads on the merits of statism as the merits of ACism.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After you state your case there is no reason to repeat the same thing over and over in one thread, so please don't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if it's clear that the person you're talking to doesn't understand what you're trying to tell them so you try finding different ways to say it?
Old 03-10-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*sigh* 3 more mods....nothing personal, I just didn't want to see any.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-10-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*sigh* 3 more mods....nothing personal, I just didn't want to see any.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Bickering? Delete/Warn/Ban. Slightly off-topic content? Not looking forward to this style of modding.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After you state your case there is no reason to repeat the same thing over and over in one thread, so please don't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if it's clear that the person you're talking to doesn't understand what you're trying to tell them so you try finding different ways to say it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a problem with this if there is genuine interest on both sides. What you have to remember about politics is that people believe strongly enough in their positions that they think anyone that disagrees with them is either stupid or trolling. There are times when you have to realize people will just disagree and saying things the most times or the loudest will not change that.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:25 AM

This is a quote from another thread .

[ QUOTE ]
All,

deleted a few posts in this thread. one thing I would like to see is for arguments on the AC/non AC type when the OP is about a specific area is for replies to stick to that subject instead of going to a general state vs. no state line which I see happen. there will be plenty of broad philosophy type discussions for that so I want specific area threads to be more focused and unique.

this will of course be a judgment call on the part of myself and the mods and there will be times you disagree but please keep that out of the thread.

please don't reply to this but instead my post title "hi"

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

censored, I think u give the phrase " massive overmodding" a whole new meaning.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Political Beliefs

http://www.mises.org/
http://www.mises.org/story/2495

Ludwig von Mises Institute!!! OK, I like him too!
I'm a libertarian at heart with a small taste for properly applied gunboat dimplomacy... It is for the latter I have been attacked by dope-smoking-pacifist-hippie-libs on the 2+2 forum... Although I like the weed aspect of their philosphy.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ACers a request.

I have a request for those of you who frequently start threads showing examples of where you believe the state is over stepping its bounds, taking away freedom, driving out business, etc in an effort to demonstrate why you hold your political beliefs. these posts are perfectly acceptable and well within the realm of political discussion

however my request is that neilso or someone else could create one thread where you then post these examples from the news and have the general debate about the merits of Acism instead of creating a bunch of separate threads.

as the thread grows and becomes too burdensome just let me or another mod know, and you can create another.

thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored],

Perhaps I'm misinterpretting what you're saying here, but it sounds like you've just confined every post that ACists make to one thread. Are you saying that we should limit "nanny state updates" (posts consisting of just links saying where the state went wrong) to one thread, or any discussion critizing the state to one thread? The latter encompasses quite lot, and a lot of unique and interesting threads could be started on it.

I'm probably getting this wrong, but I'm just not sure what you're saying here.