Default Re: 2K6m. tricky TPTK OOP.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what's a taggy screenname look like?

[/ QUOTE ]
loloTRICKEDu

[/ QUOTE ]
or basically anything w/out a number on the end, hahah.

[/ QUOTE ]

u mean to tell me JoePoker71 is not taggish??? yeesh
Old 08-23-2006, 05:40 PM

Jim, fixing your quote in my post to make it the exact opposite of the idea I was responding to, changes the context of my post and makes it look stupid. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

With all due respect, please edit only your own posts (unless of course I somehow post something inappropriate that needs to be moderated).

Also, your new version with "rarely wise" is unclear to me. Can you re-state your position?
Old 08-23-2006, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim, fixing your quote in my post to make it the exact opposite of the idea I was responding to, changes the context of my post and makes it look stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]
EDIT: rofl, re-read my edit and I am the king of the double negative. I broke my post.

Your understanding of what I was trying to say is correct.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:50 AM

Default PART II. RIVER ACTION?

ok, i checked the turn thinking fold if he bets, he checks thru (good news i guess?)...

river is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
1500 in pot, 1200 left.

shove, c/c, or c/f?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:07 AM

Default Re: PART II. RIVER ACTION?

is it too late to shove the turn? in any case, I think if you were c/f the turn, you should be doubly c/f now.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:46 AM

Again, if we think that he could have a wide range from pre-flop, at this point he either has a big pair (almost certainly with a diamond) or a medium pair, begging for free showdown. If he had the NFD, but not AK, I think he's pretty much have to push the flop, given stack/pot size, a flopped flush is also possible, although again, it seems like he'd try to get it in earlier, most of the time, but this isn't too bad of a place to slowplay, either..

I can't see any hand that beats us folding, I can't see any hand we beat (aside from a rare NFD) bluffing.

If you think that he has those pairs that are desparate for showdown often enough, and can make an occational hero call on you, push might be the way to go. Otherwise, just check/fold.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:32 AM

A lot of people panic on this flop with AA or KK and just shove if they're villain, even with a diamond (esp with KdKx which is more likely since you have an Ace) so I don't put much weight on that part of his range. This looks a lot like JJ-TT with a diamond, AJ-AK with a diamond, or the made flush. Sometimes he has QQ+, but not super often IMO.

I wouldn't count on him bluffing his missed AK all the time, and I wouldn't love to call his shove if I check. You can rep AK here very well, so I'd shove river and hope for a call from JJ. I expect him to fold but I can't think of a better line. (I shove turn first though because I think I'm good and the pot is big).

Also, why is this in MSNL?
Old 08-24-2006, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of people panic on this flop with AA or KK and just shove if they're villain, even with a diamond (esp with KdKx which is more likely since you have an Ace) so I don't put much weight on that part of his range. This looks a lot like JJ-TT with a diamond, AJ-AK with a diamond, or the made flush. Sometimes he has QQ+, but not super often IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree w/ most of this but i think Aface w/ diam shoves this flop in this spot almost always.
the Q is how often im being trapped and how often does a worse hand that called flop, 88-JJ i guess, call a river push? mb betting 500 to force a crying call is best?

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't count on him bluffing his missed AK all the time, and I wouldn't love to call his shove if I check. You can rep AK here very well, so I'd shove river and hope for a call from JJ. I expect him to fold but I can't think of a better line. (I shove turn first though because I think I'm good and the pot is big).

[/ QUOTE ]ok, good post.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why is this in MSNL?

[/ QUOTE ]
only 2K stax, y not...
Old 08-24-2006, 06:17 PM

do all of you make such a small raise oop wth A Q os? do you want to take the flop wth this hand wth no read?