Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-29-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: mass effect

Someone found a way to get unlimited paragon points.

Spoiler - <font color="white"> Infinite Paragon + Achievement

When you reach the Hercules System in the Attican Beta Cluster you will receive a mission to recover a "lost data pad" from the planet Eletania. Once you have found the data pad on one of the roaming local species(called a "monkey" in the game) in the mine you will be awarded approximatly 6+ paragon, save the game immediately. Once done, load the saved game and you should be able to continue to click on this monkey infinite amounts of times... I ran up my Paragon to 450+ points and, of course, received the achievement </font>

Will probably try my next play through, I think I have all the best items, all rank X, Just wish they made Master Spectre gear have better shields / armor than Predator X armor. Spectre gear just looks so damn good.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:53 PM

what's the best armor btw? can you list stats for human light, medium and heavy?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:17 PM

Armor doesn't seem to come easily - I haven't sought out armor to buy or anything, and in the field I've only come across two light armors I can use - the Scorpion I and something else (Phoenix?) IV. The funny thing is I like the I better than the IV because its damage protection is 50% better, and the IV only has slightly bettter shields and tech/biotic protection.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:48 AM

You'll find better. Personally, I found something with toxic protection worked best.

Beat the game once through, ran my Inflitrator up to lvl 45, gonna try and plow through it again on Hardcore, just playing the main missions.

I want to try it again on normal with a different character though, most likely Vanguard.

Btw, the last level was w/o question my favorite mission in the whole game. A total blast to play. Also, I really dig the song that plays during the credits.

edit:

Here is the myspace page for the group.
http://www.myspace.com/faunts

The song that plays when you click is the end song, so if you don't want to hear it until your done, don't click!
Old 11-30-2007, 04:32 AM

So when you beat it, do you start over with the same character at the same level (45 for you)?

I put in a few more hours tonight and they were basically all spent on the last fight on Noveria and the Feros mission. It's crazy how much stuff there is to do in the story missions.

Also, I'm making mad loot selling gear back to the Requisitions dude; up to $400k or so now, but that's just from selling level IV and worse items, so that will go up exponentially as I get higher rated items I think.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:54 AM

Yeah, you can do a New Game + which makes you start all over with all the same items, weapons, armor and same level. Only you don't keep your renegade or paragon points, and you have to stick with your same class.

I wish they allowed it so whenever you started a new game you could pick a new class.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:17 AM

Don't know if it's really a spoiler: <font color="white">Does the necklace you get after talking the general into getting back with the asari chick in the citadel actually do anything? You only get it if you use a paragon answer when you talk to her iirc</font>
Old 11-30-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So when you beat it, do you start over with the same character at the same level (45 for you)?

[/ QUOTE ] Only if you choose to. You select "existing ID" or something.

Its pretty sweet, but be warned, any items your teamates have at the end of the game dissapear.

Also, when you start over, anyone member who joins your squad has the same amount of talent points as you, but they start out as 0 in everything. This is nice, because if you were like me, you wasted peoples points on stupid things, so now you have a chance yo fix all of that.

I briefly tried the first level on hardcore, its pretty damn hard actually!

Also Goofy, the other "main planets" have less side missions once you get past Feros and Novernia.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if it's really a spoiler: <font color="white">Does the necklace you get after talking the general into getting back with the asari chick in the citadel actually do anything? You only get it if you use a paragon answer when you talk to her iirc</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a planet where you can use this.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:37 PM

When you finish the game, is it over, or can you still run around and do stuff Oblivion-style? (i.e. do you have time to un-equip any good items from your teammates so they won't be lost)