Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-26-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report - Bellagio/Caesar\'s/Venetian

[ QUOTE ]
I've hit quads once in the last 500 hours of play. But I've been at tables where one player hit a straight flush twice and got paid a HHJ twice in 3 hours. I'm a victim of statistics. OP is a beneficiary. Sure makes a person wanna run over to Bellagio and sit in the 15/30 game, though, doesn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bellagio 15 has always been ridiculous. As an example of how awful the regulars are:

~ 25bb pot, 3-ways on the river against 2 regulars. Board goes 4-flush. I look back at my hole cards, verify that I do not have anything, and bet. Both players muck.

LOL.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:34 AM

Quad Aces (turned), Quad Three (flopped), and a one card SF in a three live hour session at 1/2 NL two weeks ago.

Low quads two more times (flopped) at the Borg last weekend.

Eh, it's happens often enough.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:12 PM

First time I played poker in vegas I hit like 3 high hand jackpots, mostly at 2/4. Flopped straight flush, and a couple quads. That was a fun trip [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another gem from a regular:

loose/passive/weird guy opens in MP. He's the one that didn't open AK before, so I cold call w/KJs (probably not a good play, but I figured I was less likely to be dominated). Lag asian woman calls in the BB. Flop is K-K-2. Azn checks, MP bets, I raise, Azn raises, MP calls, I 4-bet, Azn caps, both call. Turn is a blank, Azn bets, we both call. River is a 3, Azn bets, MP calls, I call, Azn shows K3. I table my KJ. She goes: "you should have raised the turn cause I would have folded". Lol. So you were capping the flop for info then?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not so weird. If she caps the flop and then you proceed to raise her lead bet on the turn, then clearly that's a big sign of strength. She capped the flop for value, not information. Not saying I'd play it like her, but it's not a "gem".
Old 10-26-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
~ 25bb pot, 3-ways on the river against 2 regulars. Board goes 4-flush. I look back at my hole cards, verify that I do not have anything, and bet. Both players muck.

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at bluffing 2 bad players in a 25BB pot with a 4 flush on the board.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what the odds are that you have 2 quads and a straight flush in one trip.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was playing 5/10 LHE at Borgata last Saturday. I lost one hand to quad tens held by the woman on my right, and on the very next hand dealt, I lost to quad tens held by the woman on my left. What are the odds of that?

Incidentally, they both had TT in the hole with a ten on the flop and a ten on the river.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:50 PM

Since we're on this topic.... (wow. getting beaten by quad 10s twice in a row)

10/20 at the Taj. Indian guy to my right....

Pocket aces three times in a row. Held up every time.

Of course, everyone folded the third time.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've hit quads once in the last 500 hours of play. But I've been at tables where one player hit a straight flush twice and got paid a HHJ twice in 3 hours. I'm a victim of statistics. OP is a beneficiary. Sure makes a person wanna run over to Bellagio and sit in the 15/30 game, though, doesn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if the OP is still at the table with his roll....
Old 10-26-2007, 09:13 PM

This is so stupid. This guy sounds like the 15 game at Bellagio is like an ATM. Of course its softer on the weekends.... what game isnt?

I played at that limit for about a year and a half and its just like any other game, sometimes easy sometimes tough. Ive been on both ends of $2k swings in that game.

I remember one day I was stuck 3 racks in that game and got dealt the K-Jh in the SB. Gets raised MP, folded to me I call, BB 3-bet MP 4-bet. Im so frustrated I cap it lol.

Flop comes Qh-10h-3. Long story short I withstand a barrage of raises and reraises on the flop, board pairs with flush card 3h on turn then magical 9h on river. One guy flips over TT and the lady QQ. Mountain of red chips.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL at bluffing 2 bad players in a 25BB pot with a 4 flush on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two ways to look at that. Either he only need 5% fold equity for it to be correct or with 4 flush out there no one would expect someone to bluff a flush in a multiway pot.