Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 10-25-2007, 03:28 PM

Default Can I make Hotmark fold his hand?

hotmark is so hottttttttt

reads: hotmark showed me one time when he reraised my blind with Q2o so he thinks he's hot [censored]. also he sometimes wins pots at 25/50 so i assume he thinks he can outplay everybody here and he's so cool. realt0r is kinda dumb and tends to call a lot and likes to make lots of river bets/calls but is not very aggressive on the flop/turn. both of them probably think that i am aggressive pre and on the flop, but i don't know what they think of my turn/river game.

now i am quite sure that hotmark is capable/likely of firing this turn big with a flush draw or AQ or AJ because he doesn't want to give either of us a free card/build pot with AQ/AJ and if he has a draw, wants to move us off weakish onepair hands if we have one. i am not 100% sure that i can make him fold AQ, and i also don't know how often he is going to be flatcalling the flop with AQ. however, i can tell you with certainty that he likes to be "tricky" preflop and coldcall with big hands pre rather than repopping, so i would not be surprised if he showed up with AQ here pre and played it as such on the flop. a flush draw as i said is also likely because he probably does not think either me or realt0r have strong aces and he thinks that we're more likely to put him on 88/A8/A4 and will throw away our hands or draws. i have not played with him enough though to get a good idea of what kind of hands i'll be able to make him fold or how often he's semibluffing here.

should i just throw this away?

POKERSTARS GAME #12354642624: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($3/$6) - 2007/10/24 - 22:40:21 (ET)
Table 'Alwine' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Realt0r ($1217 in chips)
Seat 2: ron dogg ($2108 in chips)
Seat 3: donovan08 ($233.30 in chips)
Seat 4: LChaney ($735.25 in chips)
Seat 5: ipokeder ($673.65 in chips)
Seat 6: hotmark777 ($585.70 in chips)
hotmark777: posts small blind $3
Realt0r: posts big blind $6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ipokeder [Qd 7d]
ron dogg: folds
donovan08: folds
LChaney: folds
ipokeder: raises $12 to $18
hotmark777: calls $15
Realt0r: calls $12
*** FLOP *** [Ks 8d As]
hotmark777: checks
Realt0r: checks
ipokeder: bets $36
hotmark777: calls $36
Realt0r: calls $36
*** TURN *** [Ks 8d As] [4d]
hotmark777: bets $126
Realt0r: folds
ipokeder:
Old 10-25-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Can I make Hotmark fold his hand?

Sounds like A4 / A8, imo.

Also, if you can't get him to fold a bare A here (no draw), what is your range for hands he has that he can fold if you push back? Seems like a -EV situation to continue.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:42 PM

he might fold AQ (doubtful), he might fold AJ (maybe), he might fold AT (probably), he'll fold JTs QTs Q9s QJs 78s 65s 67s 54s 23s w/e
Old 10-25-2007, 03:44 PM

call and bluff river is better then shoving here, if that's what you're asing.

seems like the 4 hit him though; 45s, or A4h/A4c. Small possibility of 56s/67s/57s, 44, or a hotmark hand (84).

if it didnt help him but he planned on stop and going, you'd think the 3rd person would change his mind. i dont know why you think he has AQ/AJ - he doesnt. if he does, he's not folding - ever. something like A7/A6 would make more sense (like bet then no more money in)

anycase, again, plan if you think it's better to play on (then not playing on) would be to call and check behind a queen or 7, probably give up on an ace, i wouldnt bluff a 5 or 6, if he bets obv shove in his face if you hit diamonds, and if checks bet all other cards as well.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:01 PM

i think you can shove here. in my limited experience with him he will call a button open from the blinds with literally any 2 and then try to take it. of course it's a little different here since it's not a HU pot.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:03 PM

If he didn't lead into 2 ppl id give it a shot, but I dont think you'll get a fold out of him with this action.