Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: ***Official USF vs. Rutgers Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lee Roy Selmon - what an orange and white beast.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a HOFer he was incredibly nice and down to earth. He really enjoyed meeting and talking with USF fans.

(Note: Selmon spearheaded the original fundraising drive which allowed USF to begin a football program. It would be accurate to call him the father of USF football.)

[/ QUOTE ]

cool - two of my cousins went to USF and were involved in their football program pretty much from the beginning (not players, but helped out with practices, etc.). It's pretty remarkable what they've done in only what, 11 years?
Old 10-19-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: ***Official USF vs. Rutgers Thread ***

Yep this is the 11th year from when they started playing D2. I think they will have a very competitive team year in and year out as long as Coach Jim stays (since he is a St Pete native, I expect him to be around a while longer.)

USF sold out its entire allotment of tickets (about 2k or so I was told) for this game. I expect they will sell out most if not all of their bowl ticket allotment. The program is definitely on the rise.

I originally thought USF would contend for a major bowl birth in 2 years when Grothe and most of the starters are seniors with home games vs WVU and Louisville, but it just happened a little ahead of plan.

If you would have polled USF fans at the beginning of the season, most would have been happy with a share of the Big East title, a bowl win and Top 25 ranking. Funny how expectations change.....