Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 AM

Default 25NL - Straight Flush Draw/OESD

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $25.55
Hero (BB): $25.00
UTG: $31.10
BTN: $39.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.75</font>, UTG calls $0.75, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.25) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, UTG calls $2.50, SB calls $2.50

River: ($10.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero ???</font>

BTN is 20/4/0.71/45. SB is 61/0/0.42/59. They have seen me raising draws before, no idea if they were paying attention or taking note.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Re: 25NL - Straight Flush Draw/OESD

I guess you might as well close your eyes and bet again on the river (maybe $5 or so). One or both opponents will often fold their busted draws, but at least you have a good chance of getting paid by Tx.

The only problem is that it's not going to be easy to know how to respond to a raise, since 7x and 8x are possibilities, even from Villains this passive. But there's a good chance they won't raise all that much anyway. And if someone pushes, I think you can fold.

By the way, your hand is much weaker on the flop than the thread title makes it sound [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (any 6, the Jc, and I guess maybe a non-club ace are the only cards I'm really going to be that happy about catching, and on any non-straight-flush card there is always the chance of walking into a flopped flush). I'm not even sure I like the bet.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:20 AM

Lol. COMPLETELY agree w/ your comment on Title. Unfortunately there are soooo many HH posts in uNL it seems one needs a catchy title to elicit a response sometimes.

No offense to those of you who do go through as many as possible and offer your advice, us posters definitely appreciate it.

It's just that you want to bounce these off as many ppl as possible when your a n000b, and sometimes get caught up in advertising your own post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thx
Old 08-01-2007, 09:36 AM

yeah your hand is mad weaks... if you have the ace of clubs there, i like a bet on the flop-- as played you got a lucky turn
Old 08-01-2007, 10:27 AM

bet and get paid off on the river
Old 08-01-2007, 10:33 AM

I would also throw a bet out there of about $5 and see what happens. It would be tough to call a big raise though.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:41 AM

both villians appear to be very passive

value bet river $5/6 fold to a large raise