Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 05-23-2007, 12:05 PM

Default Help me to slowplay

Villain is running 45/17/1 over like 40 hands, and my image on this table is fairly tight, do we slow down here on the flop, which I generally hate to do or do we play it fast as is.
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4.40
UTG+1: $9.15
CO: $10.25
Button: $20.35
hero: $8.65
BB: $19.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $0.5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $0.8</font>, UTG folds.
Uncalled bets: $0.8 returned to hero.

Results:
Final pot: $1.2
Old 05-23-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Help me to slowplay

standard. slowplaying is easy: hit the check button :-p. if I were going to slowplay, it would be on a board like this.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:07 PM

The best you might want to do is check, knowing this is a dry flop and he has no part of it. Do not min bet, and any value bet will scare him away.

I'm not a fan of slow playing most any situations unless it looks out of character; according to what you say it would be a nice change in gears and is prefferred here.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of slow playing most any situations unless it looks out of character

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't doing something out of character make your opponent more suspicious? Thus allowing you to extract less value?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:12 PM

Id take the
bet little / check / bet hard
line here

b/c he is a caller, so expekt him to call like 30-40 cents n this board with A high. Then you check turn, unless a Q or A comes. If he checks behind we ofc fire river and hope he hit something which he cant lay down after our turn check.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a fan of slow playing most any situations unless it looks out of character

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't doing something out of character make your opponent more suspicious? Thus allowing you to extract less value?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean out of character for the flop here. "I've seen my opponent bet his strong hand and check his misses all night" and then you check. It's out of character for you, but he might make a stab with underpairs, Ace high, etc hoping you were on PP and got scared. Tank-calling and hoping a paint that he has a part of comes can stack them. You can do this about once every 100 hands at a table if they're paying attention, but the bright side is that for a few rounds your checks get more respect and people might play less aggressively into you (fun STT strategy actually..lets you draw out in low M situations).