Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Default nl50. A9 short handed

Villain has been running about 20/10 over 45 hands. I wasn't using a HUD at the time so my read estimated him to be a solid player. He had shown down a couple of good hands and seemed to not do anything too stupid.

I'll include what I was thinking please tell me how wrong I am...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($74.85)
UTG ($48.95)
Hero ($70.45)
Button ($48.75)
SB ($48.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, Button folds, BB calls $4.

I was thinking that a small raise here may fold out AJ or weaker here and I could fold to a reraise.

Turn: ($20.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, BB calls $5.

When he calls the flop raise, I figure he's got something. I contemplated checking behind here, but then decided to poke a small bet in and fold if raised.

River: ($30.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, BB calls $10.

Final Pot: $50.25

On the river I'm pretty certain I've got the best hand here, but really didn't feel like I had a good feel for his hand. Should I have bet more?
Old 03-19-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: nl50. A9 short handed

I'm not a big fan of the bet size on the turn...seems pointless. No hands are gonna fold here, flush draws could call getting proper odds. For me the turn is either a check behind or a bet of 12-14. If he cr'ed on the turn I would fold.

I would probably bet closer to 20 on the river as played. I don't think he's gonna c/c with a better 2 pair or anything...I'm not really scared of anything other than maybe a c/r from a flush that we priced in with that dinky turn bet, but we can fold to that.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(5 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]uSNL, we're the nits here.

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking that a small raise here may fold out AJ or weaker here and I could fold to a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]No, it won't fold those aces that beat you, only those that you beat (maybe); call.

[ QUOTE ]
When he calls the flop raise, I figure he's got something. I contemplated checking behind here, but then decided to poke a small bet in and fold if raised.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm trying to think of a reason to dislike this, but I cannot at the moment. I'm sure somebody will come up with something. It does kinda define your hand against a thinking opponent but not sure that's that big a worry at NL50.

[ QUOTE ]
On the river I'm pretty certain I've got the best hand here, but really didn't feel like I had a good feel for his hand. Should I have bet more?

[/ QUOTE ]No, I don't mind this. Hopefully he calls with a weaker ace.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(5 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]uSNL, we're the nits here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know...it was FR and the table had gone short over the last three hands. Since most of my play is at FR I was curious how you guys look at this.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:26 PM

Played decently, except for the turn. I would put a 2/3 pot bet against him, since you are short handed there is no real reason to do some pot control and check behind. And on the river I would bet more say $15-$20. With that bet I feel that weaker hands will call and any hand that have you beat will most likly raise... but this is NL50.