Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-23-2006, 08:16 AM

Default NL50: Misplayed on every street with TT?

Bodog full-table. UTG has $40, and is your basic, loose-crappy player. MP has $60, and is the same player from my A9 hand who apparently folded a flopped ace to my pot-size raise on the turn. My prior note on him was "called a preflop raise with J9s." I have them both covered.

Preflop: BB post $0.50. chesspain is the Button with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls $0.50, 1 fold, <font color="red">MP raises to $2.50</font>, 3 folds, chesspain calls $2.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $2.50.

Flop: ($8.25) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [3 players]
UTG checks, <font color="red">MP bets $4.50</font>, <font color="red"> chesspain raises to $12.75</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $12.75.

Turn: ($33.75) J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [2 players]
MP checks, <font color="red">chesspain bets $20</font>, <font color="red">MP raises all-in to $47.55 </font>, chesspain folds.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:49 AM

Default Re: NL50: Misplayed on every street with TT?

By calling 2.5 preflop you are playing for a set. I would raise this to 8 preflop against an aggressive player. Now the flop play is OK, but you need to check behind on the turn for pot control. There are few draws, and I think you can sacrifice giving a free card for pot control.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:28 AM

Default Re: NL50: Misplayed on every street with TT?

Call flop and re-evaluate turn. Definitely check behind on turn. The board is not really drawy. He has a set/QQ+ here.