Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Bellagio: Hand against David Sklansky LH 100-200

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like David owned you with his earlier 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2006, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd send you one, but I don't have internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.OPgotpwned.net/doublepwned/HIV
Old 11-14-2006, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Online I´d bet-3bet against most tags as you aren´t really representing the 7 here, but more likely a think valuebet, so they usually raise good one pair hands and pay off top pair or better.

If David is likely to for the third bet anyway or wont valuebet as much as he should, then I guess check-raise migth be better, but it also lose value from AK/AJ. If you think he actually folds those, then you know how to play your KJ I guess..

[/ QUOTE ]

no way do I 3-bet here.. if you want to bet and call a raise thats ok.. but bet/3-bet is spewage
Old 11-14-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bottom pair of sevens overcard kicker bdfd is a nice flop 5 handed. both raisers can easily have an A or be reverse dominated with a big K. also preflop raisers will likely put bb on a bigger hand for him to be c/ring them on that flop after calling two cold preflop. so this c/r might get it heads up, plus it will have serious deception value if hero has been playing sensibly so far. that's a lot of power from one small bet investment extra. the only good play on this flop is to c/r. calling is so weak you will get eaten alive playing that way, and folding is out of the question. donk betting is obviously silly. so the only play is c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

mike if you c/r and he 3-bets its an obvious fold, correct?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:21 AM

assumed, that the preflop call is correct. wouldn't anybody fold the turn, wenn davod bets again inteo 2 players?
Old 11-15-2006, 01:15 PM

The play on the river doesn't matter, randomize it. This is the only way to prevent David from using his logic to make a perfect play on you.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Analysis and result

If I check raise the river 3 things can occur. He 3bets with full house and it will be very tough for me to lay dowm my trips so I would lose 3 bets. He would fold all the rest of the hands and I would make only one bet or he will not bet at all. By leading I wil lose only 2 bets to a full house and made one to the rest of good hands and of course zero to A high.
So I decided to bet, after thinking a while David called and showed me A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and told me that he was very close to raise me on the river.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like David owned you with his earlier 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed. this is why 3-betting suited connectors occasionally rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion calling before the flop with anything less than AK is suicide against someone like David (even short). Would you call 3 bets on the button with this hand? Why out of position? David shows hands like the 75s so you will play and you did.

I don’t know whether you won this hand but, the turn call was exceptionally horrible. You didn’t pick up a flush draw. You should fold. It doesn’t matter even if you had the best hand on the flop (I can’t imagine you did) because he usually wouldn’t bet since you called three bets from the big blind. What happens if you hit the K on the turn? Will that make someone’s hand better? Are you drawing dead already? David does bluff sometimes but, wow!

If you played till the river I guess you should bet. I can’t imagine if you check raise he wouldn’t call unless he has you beat.

Why not wait for position on a bad player if you want to play crap? I love playing crap vs. bad players! Why mess with a player of his status? I see people give him money in the no limit in the same way. He shows some stupid hand and they are hooked and lose their stack. I always just laugh and smile at David.

God bless you,
Terri
Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Analysis and result

While I was posting on this thread, I noticed you came up with the results. He wouldn't have called the check raise on the river. If you bet and he raises you can fold the trips. Do you think David can't beat K7 if he raises you?
He may have been lying about raising but, your hand didn't make sense. He might not think you are capable of having a 7 there because it wouldn't make sense you would play that bad. There is no reasonable hand you can have here with a 7 in it.