Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 PM

Default Re: Issues with Parents

Here's a question for the "I did it on my own, so should my kids!" crowd. I hear a lot about how kids "owe" their parents so much, and they have no right to complain because their parents "give" them so much. Does this not apply if you make the kids do it on their own? So they can be unappreciative and disrespectful to you with impunity? Because you're admittedly making them fend for themselves, it only seems natural that you not expect praise and appreciation in return.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM

Big Bend is hopelessly lost and I'm sure I would have killed myself if I was his son.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My mom is really strict, annoying, and all she does is nag everyone in the house about things ranging from making my bed to cleaning my room to watching too much TV. She makes life miserable for my brother (14) and my dad also. She doesn't let me eat in my room, and before I had my own car she wouldn't let me borrow her car unless I had my room perfectly clean, and put at least $5 in gas in her car (shes a nit). Also my parents didn't give me money for anything, so if I wanted to go to a game or movie or whatever I had to pay 100%. But there would be times when I would go see a movie Friday night, work Sat afternoon and then try to borrow the car to go out, mom would say no, you were just out. Wtf? I just got used to not going out and doing anything fun unless there was some sort of punishment involved from my parents. Their favorite saying was, and still is, that I "always get my way."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I can't really complain about my parents since they let me live here rent free, for the last 3 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big Bend is hopelessly lost and I'm sure I would have killed myself if I was his son.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha

edit:% chance his kids turn out gay?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:23 PM

I don't see why you would want to purposely make it harder on your kids. I'll be happy to support my kids through college. You choose to have kids, you shouldn't make them feel bad because you give them things (I'm talking before 18). It builds resentment both ways. Either give it to them, or don't. Simple as that.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 PM

since there have been a lot of OP is a loser thread, and you get the picture.

you're only seeeing htings from one side. yours. they may be dicks, but it's a 2 way street. i'm sure you don't help the cause. you don't even know what your dad does for christ sakes. take some interest.

is it so hard to pick up after yourself when they ask? or even if they don't? or not eat in your room, or keep it clean, cause it's their home, you are living rent free, and maybe they like things in order?

when was the last time you did the dishes or vacuumed without being asked?

what about having an adult like conversation about, what you both can do to make things easier on everyone like

"hey, i know it sucks i'm living here, and i'm trying, what can i do to help out until i get back on my feet? rent? pay for groceries? pay for the utilities?"

christ, get a job at starbucks. good pay, they treat their employees well. benefits at like 30 hours a week. start taking classes at community college.

be proactive, instead of feeling sorry for yourself, and so hateful to your parents. i mean, you're not the first kid to hate their parents in their youth. i mean they may be aholes now, but there's a chance it's for a reason.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Big Bend, I think you're taking things a bit too far. I don't need mommy and daddy to drive me around, I'm glad you can take care of yourself though!

You sound almost like my dad, maybe you have good intentions but you are a giant douche.

"My way or get out" is your message, so I guess you are perfect and never make mistakes or bad choices. You're selfish and arrogant. Who tells their kids they were born naked and boy they are lucky to have parents who provide them with everything? Seems like you're doing this just to stroke your own ego. Good luck raising a family.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

big bend,

plz to be adopting vyse
Old 11-26-2007, 03:23 PM

go back to college.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you would want to purposely make it harder on your kids. I'll be happy to support my kids through college. You choose to have kids, you shouldn't make them feel bad because you give them things (I'm talking before 18). It builds resentment both ways. Either give it to them, or don't. Simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said parents should purposely make things hard. I'll certainly support my kids thru college. But if they drop out and become hopeless whining losers like the OP, they're on their own.