Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 09:02 AM

Default General ramblings!

Having cracked 5/10limit I am about to move up to 10/20, having built my roll up to the required level.

I am playing what you guys call a LAG/TAG style hovering very close to 30/20 for 5/10 6max.

***Cracking Rocks***

I have come to notice that the multi tabling rocks are playing between 22/15 and 25/20. Of course there are subtle differences between the two.
Against the 22/15 guy I seem to have kicker trouble whenever I play against him, okay he is running good against me but I'm finding myself tightening up whenever he is in the pot and this is killing my earn from the table as I will die if I have to play 22/15 to match him. He plays like a piece of iron on all streets and makes no mistakes, sometimes if I 4 bet him he will just lay down on the flop and I get no action.
I have started avoiding his party but is there any way he can be beat or will he just continue to take 1bb/hr out of my table and no defence?
Any counter strategies?

****Bunched mediocre raising hand hands****

Another issue that comes with playing LAG/TAG is when I am dealt bunched mediocre raising hands.

For example I raise in the HJ with 88 get 2 callers flop comes with 2 overs I bet both call have to lay down.
Then I get dealt kjo in the co, raise, 2 callers flop comes A high, bet out 2 callers, have to fold the turn.
33 on the button raise get 2 callers 3 overs flop and bb bets have to fold.

This sequence is repeated 10 times and my table image deosen't look too healthy.

Any tips for reviewing raising ranges in this situation or can I just continue to fire the machine gun knowing that when I hit a big hand the whole table will have to pay me?

***Vairing My Game****

I have a fairly standardised system of play for my LAG/TAG style. I pretty much know what I'm going to do with most pre fop values and how to get the best out my game.
I'm now realising that as I move up there are less good game in which to ply my trade and I realise that my profits will diminish as the "site gets a read on me."
I understand that playing LAG/TAG my game will already be pretty varied ie I play 66 and AA pretty much the same however I feel some of my opponents turn my agression against me and i sometimes feel one dimensional.

Back to the top of the post.

What ranges are the 22/15 and 25/15 guys on and if I wanted to play like them for say 100 hands how would I go about it?

Okay thats enough ramblings for now, gotta go to work till my roll's big enough to quit for good! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Re: General ramblings!

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes if I 4 bet him he will just lay down on the flop and I get no action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start 4 betting your draws more. Pretty simple no?

EDIT: Oh you meant when 4-betting preflop. Well then, start capping more preflop with 87s, 22 etc.

[ QUOTE ]
I have started avoiding his party but is there any way he can be beat or will he just continue to take 1bb/hr out of my table and no defence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sit to his right and steal his blinds. Pretty simple no?

[ QUOTE ]
For example I raise in the HJ with 88 get 2 callers flop comes with 2 overs I bet both call have to lay down.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

[ QUOTE ]
33 on the button raise get 2 callers 3 overs flop and bb bets have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

More lol.

[ QUOTE ]
What ranges are the 22/15 and 25/15 guys on and if I wanted to play like them for say 100 hands how would I go about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys are both raising the 88, KJo and 33 hands you mentioned above. How will playing like them change anything in those spots?