Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 05-04-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Please remove me as finance mod

I wanted to mod MMB, but I don't really care to mod finance. Hopefully this will open it up for the mods of that forum to add someone like boris or thedaver to their team as they would be much better than I would for that forum.
Old 05-04-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Please remove me as finance mod

but its supposed to be both finance and business. While there has been more finance volume as of late, there are still MMB posts and I dont know anything about web businesses.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:51 PM

I think evan knows a lot about that area and should be good for it. I've just found myself a lot less interested in reading the finance forum daily than I was in reading MMB daily.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:19 AM

I could probably take on a second forum. I trade stocks and have built a successful web business from the ground up.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could probably take on a second forum. I trade stocks and have built a successful web business from the ground up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I vote for Daver - if he will accept the position. He is perfect for the finance side. Evan can hold his own as well, and can also take care of the MMB side of things. No offense to Pokeraddict meant of course - I just know for a fact they are both qualified and trustworthy.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:26 AM

No offense taken. A/R is not a very busy forum so I figured I would have time if needed, if someone else wants it that is fine.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:26 AM

well in terms of mods who currently post in the forum, Barron posts the most frequently and seems to know his stuff as well.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well in terms of mods who currently post in the forum, Barron posts the most frequently and seems to know his stuff as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron is still around? I thought he fell off the face of the earth! He is very qualified as well - I've been in finance discussions with him and Daver at the poker table that made my head spin.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:42 PM

pokeraddict,

There is a bit of a spamming problem in that forum with people posting useless links to their own sites either to gain traffic or even sell them. I can see some conflicts if one of the sponsored forum mods came in as a mod there. It's probably not really reasonable, but it's been a big enough pain to slow down the crap forum spam there that I'd rather not go in that direction right now.

I'd rather not have Barron as a mod there partially just because he annoys me a lot. He knows finance well, but I don't see any problem with his current role as a regular poster. I also don't really see a need for any more finance mods; I don't think there's any lacking knowledge in that area. Between me, ahnuld and the regular posters there (DesertCat, Naj, Barron, Jeff W, etc.) I think it's really covered pretty well.

If the concern is the "business" side of the forum I am pretty confident that I'm plenty qualified to handle any of that discussion. I'd much rather add Boris than any of the other suggestions. Boris was interested in being a mod a few months ago and based on what he does I'd guess he knows way more about business than me and all but a hand full of people on 2+2.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:47 PM

I dont really know Boris but I agree that the new mod should be on the MMB side of the forum.