Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 12:16 PM

Default River Fold w TPTK 4/8

Villain is a middle aged woman who plays well (2+ hours) from what I can see. She plays her good draws and good hands aggressively. She's capable of folding to a raise. Also, I saw her semibluff raise a turn when she hit an OESFD with a pair, and got the 2 other players to fold the river when she followed through with a bet even though she missed all her draws - she showed her cards.

On to the Hand - Hero has A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] OTB 5 players limp, Hero raises, BB calls - 7 to the flop.

(14sb)Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I love my hand. Everyone checks to Hero, Hero Bets, 4 callers.

(9bb)Turn is J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checks to Hero, Hero Bets, BB calls, Villain Raises, C/O Calls 2, Hero calls his 11 outer, BB calls.

(17bb)River is a blank. BB checks, Villain bets, C/O folds, <font color="red">Hero Folds</font>
Old 10-29-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: River Fold w TPTK 4/8

Ultra standard.

Good to see you again. Where did you go?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:25 PM

This is close. Against most live opponents, it's fine, but your read to me indicates that you should probably call here.

-McGee
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 PM

Thanks! I went on vacation. I took a week and a half in Arizona - Sedona &amp; Grand Canyon.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:30 PM

good fold, for 2 reasons

1) villain showed a bluff previously. if she's as skilled as you say she's doing it to get paid off on future hands

2) the turn does not put a draw on board
Old 10-29-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is close. Against most live opponents, it's fine, but your read to me indicates that you should probably call here.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally, I'd defer to the wisdom of the McGee, but I strongly disagree with this. It appears that there are at least two players between villain and hero. I think that the villain as described would have led a flush draw into hero or c/r the flop if she is as good as hero describes. Given this, I feel her c/r on the turn is almost always a J, or at least something we don't beat. This goes double because the turn is a complete brick for any backdoor draw.

On second thought, it may be closer than I originally saw because of the size of the pot, but I'm still folding here.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:35 PM

I check this turn almost always.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good fold, for 2 reasons

1) villain showed a bluff previously. if she's as skilled as you say she's doing it to get paid off on future hands

[/ QUOTE ]

1)if she's so good, might she reverse this and know that you know that she showed previously so you don't think there's any way she's bluffing here?

2)it's not a backdoor draw, but isn't it a good card for here to bluff with a weaker ace/pair?
Old 10-29-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check this turn almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]

at 4/8 live, multiway with a flushdraw out and a gutshot possible? ugh.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
good fold, for 2 reasons

[/ QUOTE ]

1)if she's so good, might she reverse this and know that you know that she showed previously so you don't think there's any way she's bluffing here?

2)it's not a backdoor draw, but isn't it a good card for here to bluff with a weaker ace/pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this sounds like the convos Grease and I have where we basically discuss situations in which one player tries to "outlevel" the other. the conclusion was that it should end in a "WTF I CALL WHATEVER" on the river.

i guess if your villain is that expert, call the riv