Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 01:36 AM

Default Is Ron Paul Serious?

I just read this on Economist.com, http://www.economist.com/world/na/di...ory_id=9946972

[ QUOTE ]
He also wants to dismantle the Federal Reserve and return to gold-backed currency. He has always opposed the war in Iraq. He wants America out of the UN, the WTO, and any other international arrangement. He strongly supports home-schooling and, of course, gun ownership.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone go into some depth on the advantages of these?

I'm particularly interested in a discussion on dismantling the Fed and returning to the gold-backed currency.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Is Ron Paul Serious?

[ QUOTE ]
I just read this on Economist.com, http://www.economist.com/world/na/di...ory_id=9946972

[ QUOTE ]
He also wants to dismantle the Federal Reserve and return to gold-backed currency. He has always opposed the war in Iraq. He wants America out of the UN, the WTO, and any other international arrangement. He strongly supports home-schooling and, of course, gun ownership.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm particularly interested in a discussion on dismantling the Fed and returning to the gold-backed currency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul discusses "The End of Dollar Hegemony"

Rothbard; "What Has Government Done to Our Money?"

These are good places to start. And to answer your question, yes, Dr. Paul is quite serious.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are good places to start. And to answer your question, yes, Dr. Paul is quite cereal .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-12-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are good places to start. And to answer your question, yes, Dr. Paul is quite serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you compare the price of gold today to what it was when we broke the peg in the early 1970s gold is up around 8.5% per year (something like 2200% total).
Old 10-12-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He has always opposed the war in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why waste American money and American lives here?

[ QUOTE ]
He wants America out of the UN, the WTO, and any other international arrangement.

[/ QUOTE ]

We unnecessarily cede our sovereignty, some of our money and some of our power. We entangle ourselves in foreign affairs as the Founders warned against.

[ QUOTE ]
He strongly supports home-schooling and, of course, gun ownership.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Constitution is very clear that regulating education is not within the role of federal government. It's also very clear that Americans have the right to bear arms. These weapons are not to protect you from thugs; they are to protect you from an unjust government.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:30 AM

He is serious. Unfortunately, JFK had similar beliefd about the Fed and the war in Nam.

If Ron Paul is elected he'll need full body kevlar until he cleans up the messes we are in...
Old 10-12-2007, 02:48 AM

Having a currency backed by gold is gonna be fun when someone discovers a new mine of gold which adds 25% more gold to the circulation than we have accounted for now. Voila, the discoverer of that gold is worth more than all the holders of US dollars combined.

Having your money backed by one mineral is beyond redicolous, and I doubt Ron Paul supports that position.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:10 AM

Ron Paul is super cereal haha
Old 10-12-2007, 03:16 AM

Don't call him Dr. Paul... it makes him sound like some creepy pediatrician or the host of a tv show for kids.

Hello, kids! I'm Dr. Paul!
Old 10-12-2007, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are good places to start. And to answer your question, yes, Dr. Paul is quite cereal .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit, I don't get it...